New member from Western Australia

Chinook

New to Mu-43
A very warm hello!!

I have just bought my first Olympus PEN E-P5 with 14-42mm Single Lens Kit & VF-4 Electronic Viewfinder.
I previously have always had a DSLR a canon. However I was taking blurred images and thought it was my camera.
It turned out to be me. I have a medical condition and found it to heavy to hold especially when I had lenses attached.

Now a whole new world and as much as I love the little camera I am finding the menu a little difficult to understand.
I am sure I will be able to work it out.

Looking forward to meeting you on the forums :)

jjinh

Mu-43 Regular
Hello there.

The first thing I do with Olympus cameras is check if the Super Control Panel (SCP) and custom menus are turned on.

The menus are a bit confusing at first (probably because everything is customizable and there are so many options) but after the initial setup you never need to go there again - just use the SCP ;)

If you have any questions I'm sure someone here will help you out

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Go into the menu and Custom Display, then

- go to D
- select right arrow
- select Control Settings
- select right arrow
- select iAUTO
- select right arrow
- select Live SCP

Repeat that with the P/A/S/M setting under the iAuto setting.

In both cases, deselect Live Control and Live Guide (it gets rid of the kiddie control).

When done, every time that you press the OK button on the back of the camera, the Super Control Panel (SCP) will come up and allow you to change just about every setting that you may want to change.

Oh, and welcome aboard.

val

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
William
G'day mate, enjoy those sunsets over the ocean unlike us in the eastern states !!

Latest threads

Top Bottom