New member from Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by abat, Jun 30, 2012.

1. abat

abat Mu-43 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum having recently purchased an E-M5 and various lenses. I found the forum really helpful in selecting my initial kit and the discussion always helpful and friendly.

I'm running two kits, the em5 for everyday use - landscape, abstract, family - and a Canon 7D for sports. Bit of a size difference!

My original SLR in the 80's was an OM10 so I'm enjoying the nostalgia invoked by the em5. I also have a fair stash of OM legacy lenses which I have started trying out on the new camera. Very impressed so far.

Look forward to joining in some discussions.
  2. tubedriver

tubedriver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Hi Abat,

Welcome to the Forum. Please accept our apologies for not welcoming you earlier. We really are a friendly bunch here.

I look forward to hearing more from you and seeing your work.
  3. KH74

KH74 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    Western Australia
    Just wanted to say hello. I am a new member myself. :)
  4. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

From Victoria Too!

Hi Abat,
    just another Aussie welcoming you from Victoria. Sunny Victoria today too! but not for long. I used a Canon 1D for my business before retiring so I know all about the weight difference. Love my Panasonic GF1 with 20mm lens. Enjoy your time here it's a great forum.
  5. Loksi

Loksi Mu-43 Regular

Aug 1, 2010
    Hi Andrew,
    Another welcome, from another Aussie 'freshman/newbie'. I've been registered here for a while, but only very recently begun to connect and engage with the mu-43 forum. It is a great place, people are really friendly and encouraging, the conversations and info are fantastic. I'm slowly working my way through the various threads that appeal, and have barely scratched the surface with the image galleries. Enjoy!
    Ross :smile: