1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New Member from Philippines

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by RussellOlaguer, Feb 16, 2012.

1. RussellOlaguer

RussellOlaguer Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    Hi to all!

I'm Russell from Phlilippines.
    I'm currently working here in Japan.

I don't have any M4/3 equipment yet. But I'm planning to buy the new E-M5 when it's available here (together with the Panny 20mm and Oly 45mm).

I think reading most post here will enhance my knowledge about the M4/3 world.

I've been using D90 with several primes (already sold to make funds for the E-M5) for about two years now. I also have the X100 which I'm using while waiting for the E-M5.

I hope my transition to the M4/3 world will be smooth.

Expect me to ask several questions soon. :)

Have a nice day and Mabuhay!

2. rex87

rex87 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    winnipeg, mb
    mabuhay and welcome..

3. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Mabuhay! Welcome to mu-43!

4. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Welcome!

5. Bonedoc

Bonedoc Mu-43 Rookie

great! and welcome kabayan!

6. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    welcome! as you must already see, there are plenty of your fellow countrymen and expatriates on this forum, along with a great diversity of others from all around the world. It is a very helpful forum and also one where people are much friendlier and more respectful than is typical on many other forums...

enjoy your time here; remember "there are no stupid questions" and ask and comment away

I am very jealous both of your impending OM-D and your "provisional" X100

;-)

7. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Mabuhay! Welcome din kabayan.

8. RussellOlaguer

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    Thank you very much to all for your warm welcome.
    I'm happy to be part of this online community.

Nice to know that I have many "kababayans" in this forum.

9. RussellOlaguer

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    Thank you. :)

I've been reading posts and threads here for quite some time now and I really noticed a very warm and friendly environment.

I'm really excited to use my very first M4/3 camera. :)

10. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group!

11. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    welcome! :biggrin:

12. agwe

agwe Mu-43 Regular

Jul 13, 2011
    Manila, Philippines
    Be sure to post some unboxing shots of your new E-M5 when it arrives! Mabuhay!

13. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Ayus! Isa pa! :biggrin:

Welcome, and do show us your images once you get hold of that new toy. :wink:

14. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Let me tell you this. I have been an avid photographer since I was 12 and an active member of 3 other online photog sites since 2006. I had been thinking of moving to a µ4/3 system since it came out but almost bought into another system until i was referred to this site by someone a year ago. I have never gone back to post on the other sites anymore. My experience on this site is 1000 better. For me this posting interface is nicer to use and the people and atmosphere here is more enjoyable than any site I been to ever. I am convinced that Amin is a Huge part of it but the people are great here too.

SO welcome and I'm glad you ditched all that over priced Nikon gear. We look forward to seeing posts of your work. And congrats on your forthcoming OM-D.

Also on a persona note.. I'm an avid user of Old Minolta gear, and i always hear stories that Japan is full of used camera shops. Do you ever go to places like that that while there?

15. RussellOlaguer

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    Sure I will.

According to the Yodobashi Camera site (ヨドãƒã‚·.com-スペシャル情報-「OLYMPUS OM-D E-M5ã€éŠ˜æ©ŸOMシリーズãŒãƒ‡ã‚¸ã‚¿ãƒ«ã§å¾©æ´») the camera will be available by end of March. I'm planning to go there this weekend and make a reservation so I can get the free MMF-3 adaptor.

16. RussellOlaguer

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer

Thank you. :)

I've been checking other sites and forums about the M4/3 this past few weeks. But this site has a much friendlier atmosphere that is why I decided to register here (and probably be active here specially once I get my E-M5. :)

In fairness to Nikon, my D90 is a great camera and I learned almost all of my knowledge in photograpy using that camera. However, the D90 plus a couple of lenses are too heavy and bulky to bring. I want an everyday camera that is lighter and with good IQ. So I bought the X100. It's also a great camera however but I want a system camera (interchangable lens) which is lighter.

When I heard of the OM-D E-M5, few weeks ago, it made me decide to ditch my heavy equipment and jump into M4/3.

I'm not a professional photographer, I'm just a hobbyist who likes to have a camera with me all the time so I can take photos of everyday life.

Yeah, there a many shops here in Japan that sell used film cameras. I think the price of used camera here is cheaper compare to my country. And most of their items are in very good condition.

17. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

You are welcome.
    Well the OM-D will be a much lighter Kit, plus a weatherproof and sturdier one too I'm jealous. Are you getting the weather proof 12-50mm lens with it too ?
    Good call on your interim camera. It's defiantly a sexy camera I think.

SO are most of us here :smile:

Cool.. if its not too much of a bother, and you happen to go into one of those stores, could you keep your eye out for my dream camera, a Minolta X-600. I have wanted one for ever and never seen one for sale that would ship to the US.
    There was someone I knew from japan who i met on another site over a year ago. He was into old cameras too and had messaged me to let me know he had seen two of them for sale in a Tokyo store when he took his monthly trip there and he was going to buy it for me and then send it after I sent him reimbursement, but that was last march; I never heard from him since.