New member from Norway

gengh

Mu-43 Regular
Hi,

and what a great forum! I'm one of the many DSLR users out there thinking that the micro four thirds system can replace my big DSLR.
I have a Canon 40D, which I think is a great camera but is too big for many situations. So i bought an Olympus EP-1 kit with standard zoom lens, 20mm 1.7 and the FL36R flash to give the M43 system a fair test.
If it works out, I'm selling my Canon gear.
So far I'm really enjoing the EP-1 experience. I don't like the shutter lag when using a flash and AF-speed is slow compared to a 40D, but for the price and size it's really good. Looking forward to try some MF lenses at some point, and also finally get to try tilt/shift photography for a reasonable price!

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Welcome indeed! and congratulations on your choice - that's a very capable little kit...

Please be sure to take a look at our Quick Start forum, I'd appreciate any feedback on the E-P2 (and 1) configuration videos... they're just a prompt for further discussion and sharing our experience.

Cheers

Brian

Vidar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Velkommen og lykke til:smile:

I sold my Canon 450d to get the PEN, have not regretted it.

And you are right, this really is a great forum.

deckitout

Mu-43 Veteran
I'll second that, the videos were imensely helpful and saved me hours of wading through the manual, thanks to Brian for the time and effort

Welcome indeed! and congratulations on your choice - that's a very capable little kit...

Please be sure to take a look at our Quick Start forum, I'd appreciate any feedback on the E-P2 (and 1) configuration videos... they're just a prompt for further discussion and sharing our experience.

Cheers

Brian

hodad66

Mu-43 Top Veteran
4318466827_907bce6edc_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

gengh

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the welcome, and for all the work you put in. The videos were excellent, very helpfull!

Latest threads

Top Bottom