1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New member from Norway

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by gengh, Feb 9, 2010.

1. gengh

gengh Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2010
    Norway
    Hi,

and what a great forum! I'm one of the many DSLR users out there thinking that the micro four thirds system can replace my big DSLR.
    I have a Canon 40D, which I think is a great camera but is too big for many situations. So i bought an Olympus EP-1 kit with standard zoom lens, 20mm 1.7 and the FL36R flash to give the M43 system a fair test.
    If it works out, I'm selling my Canon gear.
    So far I'm really enjoing the EP-1 experience. I don't like the shutter lag when using a flash and AF-speed is slow compared to a 40D, but for the price and size it's really good. Looking forward to try some MF lenses at some point, and also finally get to try tilt/shift photography for a reasonable price!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome gengh!

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome indeed! and congratulations on your choice - that's a very capable little kit...

Please be sure to take a look at our Quick Start forum, I'd appreciate any feedback on the E-P2 (and 1) configuration videos... they're just a prompt for further discussion and sharing our experience.

Cheers

Brian

4. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    Velkommen og lykke til:smile:

I sold my Canon 450d to get the PEN, have not regretted it.

And you are right, this really is a great forum.

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Adding my welcome to the board note here, gengh and looking forward to seeing and reading more from you.:biggrin:

6. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    I'll second that, the videos were imensely helpful and saved me hours of wading through the manual, thanks to Brian for the time and effort

• Like Like x 1
  7. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  8. gengh

gengh Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2010
    Norway
    Thanks for the welcome, and for all the work you put in. The videos were excellent, very helpfull!