New member from KL

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Richella, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    I'm new to MFT having purchased an Oly E-P3 and 12mm 2 weeks ago.

Increasingly I had found that more often than not my large nikon DSLR kit just stayed at home in the dry box because it was too heavy and too cumbersome. I wanted something small and light that I could carry around the streets of KL and get some shots of KL street life.

I lusted after a Leica for months and even got to the point of loading my "shopping cart" at a Leica dealer but I just couldnt justify the price and nor was I willing to completely sell my Nikon gear to make a leap of faith to buy the Leica kit.

So 2 weeks ago I made a somewhat impulsive purchase of an Oly E-P3 with kit zoom. Initially I was disappointed with the slow aptures of the kit zoom so I went back to purchase a Panny 20mm but instead purchased the new Oly 12mm.

Wow! I'm loving this combo. It has really out some fun back into photography and reminds me of years ago when I used to have a Nikon F3 and 50mm. I loved that camera because it was small, light and really gave me a sense of satisfaction when I got a great shot.

I'm still just a beginner in MFT and still am questioning whether I could solely rely on it as my travel camera for trips around SE Asia but for now I'm really enjoying just snapping away with it.

I love this forum. Great information and insights into MFT.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group!

Look forward to seeing your images from Malaysia and SE Asia!
  3. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome to MU-43!

Hello There Richella. Welcome aboard!

I'm sure you'll find this a friendly and helpful spot to visit. We look forward to seeing some posts in the very near future..

Here are few spots for you to visit while you’re here…

Cheers from New England, Alan

Hardware Poll

Software Poll

Other Side of the lens
  4. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Welcome! And ciao from Rome!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App
  5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day and

<a href="" title="welcome by iconindustries, on Flickr">"600" height="326" alt="welcome"></a>

7. wonglp

wonglp Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2011
    Selamat Datang Richard!

Regards from also sunny side Singapore!