New member from Holland

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by LucDeSchepper, Aug 8, 2014.

1. LucDeSchepper

LucDeSchepper Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 8, 2014
    Netherlands
    Luc de Schepper
    Hello all, I'm a new member and photography enthousiast from Holland. I've been following the posts on this forum since about a month as I might buy some M43 gear in the near future. This looks like the right place for sound advice and also - very important - to view great images. Gear is important but I think the end result is what counts.

I'm interested in M43 as a) a lighter alternative to my Dslr gear and b) a step up from my compact camera. At the moment I use a Nikon Df with several AF-D and AIs lenses, a Fuji X100 and a Panasonic LX3. For travel and holiday I usually leave the Df at home and pack the X100 and the LX3 (and Fuji X20, but sold that one). Last week I lent a friend's OM-D E-M10 and 25mm f1.8 and 45mm f1.8. I liked the camera and the results processed from RAW in Lightroom. Btw; I also tried the Fuji X-T1, great camera but as a system (camera+lenses) too close to my Df in weight. I also don't like the X-Trans RAW processing results with Lightroom.

I'm looking forward to spending time here and contributing to this community.

A few of my E-M10 images from the brief "loan" session last week.

14816544715_b22ec5044a_o.

14813454981_54f5da2004_o.

14629878189_1b1857db67_o.

• Like Like x 2
  2. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Jan (John) Kusters
    Welcome from a fellow flatlander :smile:

3. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    Welcome

4. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    I love visiting Holland. You have a very photogenic country. Looking forward to seeing photos.

5. LucDeSchepper

Aug 8, 2014
    Netherlands
    Luc de Schepper
    Thanks for the welcome. Holland for sure has it's photo opportunities although I prefer countries with a warmer climate :smile:

6. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    Welcome to our new Dutch friend.

Those tulip fields must look fantastic in full bloom. :thumbup:

7. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Hullo! I have a Dutch name (Lossing, originally Lassingh) so some sort of distant kinship I'm sure ;)

Those are a couple of really nice cameras you already have, but there's always room for a m4/3 kit, isn't there?
    GX1•17/2.8•30/2.8

8. LucDeSchepper

Aug 8, 2014
    Netherlands
    Luc de Schepper
    Thanks all. Today I bought a black E-M10 plus ECG-1 grip, Panasonic 12-32mm and Olympus 25mm f1.8. I am tempted to add a 45mm f1.8 also. Camera has been set up already, took me about 2 hours to learn to navigate and understand the rather confusing menu. Fuji and Nikon are better in this aspect. I'm looking forward to shooting with it. Impressions so far it's like a high quality compact on steroids. The first serious test will be during my holiday in September to North and West Spain, traveling by car from Bilbao to Santiago de Compostela. Should be plenty photo opportunities!