New member and new blog

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by digitaldan1, Apr 2, 2010.

1. digitaldan1

digitaldan1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Hi Everyone,

Since December I've been a happy member of the Micro Four Thirds community having purchased an Olympus E-P2 and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 plus an assortment of lenses and accessories. I've found this format to be a welcome change from the DSLR world (my back and shoulder love the switch!) although I do still use my Canon gear too.

I've been a pro photographer (newspapers, magazines and youth sports and events) most of my career, but these days work primarily as a college professor and writer. I teach courses in communication and photography for several colleges and I write about photography for www.brighthub.com and also the occasional photography related book (I just finished co-authoring a user guide to the Olympus E-P2 and am no working on one on the Lumix DMC-GF1).

I've also started a blog on MFT and would like to invite members to check it out from time to time. I'm going to try to post about three or four times a week. If you have any questions you'd like to ask me, please feel free. I'd also love to hear any thoughts you might want to share on these cameras.

Here's the blog address: http://dansimonm43.wordpress.com/

Also, if there's an article you'd like to see at www.brighthub.com let me know and I'll offer to write it for the site.

Great to meet you all!

Dan :smile:

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Welcome to mu43.com and hope you'll have some time to become involved in the forum discussions.:smile:

3. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Dan !

5. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010