New member and more questions

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by tdm900, Jan 12, 2013.

1. tdm900

tdm900 New to Mu-43

Jan 12, 2013
    Hi all
    Just joined and you guessed Im after some info:smile:

Im looking for a more lightweight set up for everyday use. I do a lot Superbike/Motorsport use a D800 & a D300s for that which I plan to keep.

I am attracted to a Olympus EM5 so how does the IQ compare to say a D7000 or D300?
    What is the AF like, I've read reports that AFC is not that great - like I said I don't intend to use it for sports but would want to use it for shots of the Grandkids (ages 5 to 12) so not hyper aticve now.
    Last question for now can you use Pocket wizards to tigger remot flahes?

Appreciate any help/info that you can give.

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum! I think in most circumstances you'll find the IQ to be very comparable. That won't hold up in very low light situations, but overall you would be hard pressed to find noticeable differences. The AF is fast enough for most uses, sports being the prime limitation. I am not certain, but I believe that Pocket Wizards will be no problem - hopefully someone else will chime in on that one. :cool:
  3. vinay

vinay Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2012
    Pocket wizards will work fine for manual flash. They don't have a Flex like system for Olympus's wireless flash, though
  4. tdm900

tdm900 New to Mu-43

Jan 12, 2013
    Thanks Bob, the thought of comapct quality system of body quality w/a zoom, telephoto zoom and a couple of fast primes is sounding more attractive - Im not getting any younger - Thanks

I do use the PW for manual flash at the mo - the fact that they will work at least gives me in the first place the ability for off camera flash. Thanks for the reply