1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New M43 user

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by theoldsmithy, Mar 19, 2013.

1. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Hereford, UK
    Martin Connolly
    Hi all
    I've just given in to impulse and ordered a Panasonic GX1 with the standard zoom. Well, it was an absolute bargain...! I've been around on SeriousCompacts and Fujixspot for a while. Hoping to be able to join in with discussions here too.
    Cheers, Martin

2. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Welcome to the club Martin. Nice images on your Flickr page.

3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Hi, Martin. I think you're going to love the GX1 and the :43: system. I always find it interesting to learn what camera/system people are coming to :43: from. Given the other forums you mentioned I'm guessing you're shooting with something like a Fuji X10 or X100. What made you consider the GX1?

4. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Hereford, UK
    Martin Connolly
    Hi, yes I do have a Fuji X10 (well I've had it for about a week!!). I am just refreshing my line-up from Sony cameras. I had an NEX-5N and a little HX20V. When I bought the 5N, the GX1 was on my list of possibles but it had just come out so it was still quite expensive. However after using the 5N for about a year I finally got tired of the menu system and general handling, plus I thought the colours were sometimes a bit 'off'. Yesterday what finally swung me in favour of the GX1 was seeing it advertised for £270 (about $400) which is frankly ridiculous and I just couldn't resist :smile:
    I've also had Fujis in the past too so getting an X10 was a bit of a no-brainer, and it will be my default travel cam from now on when I'm short of space.

5. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Hi Martin!

Welcome aboard!

Regards,

Jim