New Lumix G3 user from Seattle, WA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by inoneframe, Mar 10, 2012.

1. inoneframe

inoneframe New to Mu-43

Mar 10, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    Greetings!

I've just started using my new Lumix G3 and am interested in how others with this camera have set up C1, C2, etc.

What settings do you find the most useful? Most frequently used?

I look forward to hearing from anyone willing to share how they've customized their G3.

Thanks in advance!

2. inoneframe

inoneframe New to Mu-43

Mar 10, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    Oops, forgot to add my name is Robert.

3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Welcome Robert. I don't have a G3 but I have a G2 enroute so I can share after it gets here. I used to have a G2 before and I recall having it set up to more closely mimic the Olympus warm colors (just can't recall the settings right now). BTW, I'm up in Bellingham.

4. mrmessy

mrmessy Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 12, 2012
    I have used C1 etc primarily to give me a default setting that I know will be correct because it is so easy to knock the button and accidentally change the settings. My basic C1 setting differs little from default but I shoot RAW + JPEG and have the histogram enabled. I have focus set for the centre which is something I am used to doing but I am thinking of changing that. I also have my C1 set using P but I am thinking of defaulting to A so as to engage my brain a bit more.

I use the C2 for a very similar setting which I use occasionally which allows manual focus overide. Since I am not that interested in the camera JPEG many of the custom are of little ineterst to me.

5. inoneframe

inoneframe New to Mu-43

Mar 10, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    Thank you mrmessy for your response. It's got me thinking of how to set mine up. I also will shoot raw and am interested in settings that apply more to focus, metering etc.

To dixeyk, I look forward to hearing more details about your settings on your G2.