New lightroom 4.1 feature

meyerweb

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Cool tool, but the first Admiring Light image comparison shows the downside. The purple logo on the golf shirt has turned black. For some shots, this tool will be great. On others, it will need to be used with extreme care.

If they can combine this with a selection tool, so it's applied only to specific areas of the image, it would be brilliant. Maybe in LR 5.

EP1-GF1

Mu-43 Veteran
Was the purple logo originally black though? In other words did the correction work perfectly? I'm not familiar with the logo to know.

Mellow

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tom
I've played with it some and it makes an enormous difference in some cases. Took images where purple fringing was so noticeable you could see it on a 4x6 and made it go away.

EP1-GF1

Mu-43 Veteran
It just looks like the centre of the chevron in the before picture is black though. Likewise with the hat. Maybe the material was that shiny thread they use for those things and it was actually reflecting more light and causing it?

Jman

Mu-43 Veteran
Purple fringing wouldn't have turned an entire solid area like the logos on the hat and shirt purple.

As the photographer - I can assure you that the original logo on both the shirt and hat were pure black. The FD 135/2 fringes like CRAZY, and the ability to remove it quickly now is frankly awesome.

Jman

Mu-43 Veteran
If they can combine this with a selection tool, so it's applied only to specific areas of the image, it would be brilliant. Maybe in LR 5.

It is combined with a selection tool - defringing is now added to the Brushes adjustment selection ability. Best to do the global defringing with the selection, and then paint out any areas where it may cause artifacts using the brush.

Latest threads

Top Bottom