New LENSES coming! - [Olympus Lens Roadmap 2021!]

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
From the image/drawing of the 40-150/4, it looks to be nice and small. Is it small enough to replace my 40-150R travel lens? Will it have OIS, the P-Lumix 12-60 has OIS in a rather small lens. We will have to wait to see.
Except for low light conditions, I think I can do just fine with the lighter 40-150/4, for most of my day time shooting.

Here is hoping that OMDS does something about the grip of the zoom ring. That metal knurling gets slippery as soon as my fingers gets damp from sweat.

A 20/1.4 is interesting. Smaller and lighter than the f/1.2 lenses.
Though I wish it was a 17.

damianmkv

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I’m potentially interested in the 40-150 to replace my R. Waiting for the specs..

Real Name
Angus
What's interesting is there's still 2 M. Zuiko Pro telephoto zooms on their roadmap to come.

1631176254730.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
I'm sure most are eager to add everyone's favorite comment: "Boooring. Not for me. THIS IS NOT WHAT m4/3 IS ALL ABOUT.", right? :D

Just kidding about the last part (those comments are more relevant on other forums) but still... Zero interest in either of them. Hopefully the 40-200 or 50-250mm f/4 will see the light as well. Now those would be awesome.

What's interesting is there's still 2 M. Zuiko Pro telephoto zooms on their roadmap to come.

View attachment 906962
Yep. Exactly. Let's hope at least one of those two zooms will materialize.

Real Name
Angus
I'm sure most are eager to add everyone's favorite comment: "Boooring. Not for me. THIS IS NOT WHAT m4/3 IS ALL ABOUT.", right? :D
When the 12-45mm f4 Pro came out I remember a lot of people asking what the point of it was and why would they buy one (assuming they already own 12-40mm or 12-100mm).

Plenty of lens companies (Canon, Nikon, Tamrom etc) all have f2.8 and f4 versions of their core zoom lens lineups. Why wouldn't Olympus have it too? You don't have to own every camera/lens a camera company produces.

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
When the 12-45mm f4 Pro came out I remember a lot of people asking what the point of it was and why would they buy one (assuming they already own 12-40mm or 12-100mm).

Plenty of lens companies (Canon, Nikon, Tamrom etc) all have f2.8 and f4 versions of their core zoom lens lineups. Why wouldn't Olympus have it too? You don't have to own every camera/lens a camera company produces.
More options is definitely better. You do NOT HAVE TO buy everything. :)

RS86

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Riku
So, the roadmap hints to me that the macro lens could be the next one after that f/4 zoom. Or would they release two tele-zooms in a row?

Edit. Oops I missed the 20mm. So the macro lens will remain a pipe dream still.

The macro lens will be be between 75mm-150mm?

Last edited:

lucanus81

Mu-43 Regular
I guess this confirms the new prime bright primes are all f/1.4…
Still, my wife is really interested in the 20 f/1.4

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
I guess this confirms the new prime bright primes are all f/1.4…
Still, my wife is really interested in the 20 f/1.4
Yeah. And I think it's a good compromise. Fast enough but not too big. I love my Sigma 56mm f/1.4 but I wouldn't mind something longer from Oly... eh, OMDS.

hazwing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
the 20 1.4 sounds pretty interesting to me. Potentially could replace 15mm 1.7 and 25mm 1.4 for me. The 40-150 f4 also can be interesting if they keep it reasonably small and sharp.

JonSnih

Mu-43 Veteran
A 20/1.4 is interesting. Smaller and lighter than the f/1.2 lenses.
Though I wish it was a 17.
No reason to release 3rd 17mm prime. And IQ of the 17mm Pro cannot be overshadowed :)
the 20 1.4 sounds pretty interesting to me. Potentially could replace 15mm 1.7 and 25mm 1.4 for me.
The 20mm F1.4 can't replace the 15mm, it is not wide enough. Sometimes the 17mm is too narrow. I hope the 14mm F1.4 will be next. It would pair nicely with the 20mm F1.4. I am missing the 14mm FL in Oly/OM line-up.

The macro lens will be be between 75mm-150mm?
Maybe a zoom with 2 macro positions? Or a zoom with very close-up capability at every FL?

Last edited:
I think the 20 F1.4 sounds interesting to me. I like my 25 1.7, but I do wish it was wider sometimes as the small grab and go. I prefer tighter than 17mm, so this might fit the bill. I've thought about the 20 1.7 pancake, but the focus speed held me back. But I'm assuming as with every new lens it's more than I want to pay and I'll end up buying used/refurb a few years after it comes out.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
The O20mm, fills a need for a fast focussing fast lens. Just think of the out of focus background possibilities. Not a huge lens, could be good. negative points, none till we geet details of size, weight and price. Optical qualities should be very good.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom