New lens....

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Dewi, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Dewi

Dewi Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2014
    Lancashire, England
    ....Well, old new lens to be precise. Just bought a nice looking Carl Zeiss f3.5 MC Jena (Sonnar) DDR 135mm in 42mm screw mount for not a lot of money (in comparison to what others are going for on e.bay recently). Should be here by the middle of next week so I'll get out and take some shots with it. It comes complete with an EOS - 42mm mount so hopefully it'll fit my Canon as well. Just got to go get a 42mm to M4/3rds adaptor now and I'm in businesss. :smile:

A bit of a concern that the guy only has a feedback of 2, but we've all got to start somewhere I suppose so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - and he did send me some extra photos of it when I asked.
  2. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Sounds interesting. Post some photos of the lens and its photos when you get it.
  3. Bl0at3r

Bl0at3r Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2012
    Essex, UK
    Hi Dewi, that sounds like a super lens - be interested in seeing some samples taken with it :)

Only manual lens I have used on my m43 is the samyang 7.5 fisheye and that is designed for m43 but is manual focus.

Never looked into legacy glass and adapters though.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    omg! buy and adapt pronto!! :biggrin:
  5. Dewi

Dewi Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2014
    Lancashire, England
    Hi Alan, sorry for delay replying, never noticed your post sitting here :smile:

Lens landed today, it looks ok. Nice clear optics and everything works as it should, quite pleased with it, I'm just waiting for the Adaptor to get here then I'll take it out and photograph a few things with it then post the pictures up here.

If you have a look through the adapted lens photo samples on here you'll get an idea of what they're like, there's quite a list. So far the Pentax has lived up expectations so I'm hoping this one will as well. Go get yourself manual focusing it's great fun - and cheap as chips

Here's the Zeiss, sorry about the awful photo, trying to be artistic with an angle poise lamp and a large black desk diary isn't easy!

• Like Like x 2