New lens. Intrigued

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Mike Wingate
I have just watched a youtube video of Matti Sulanto's, where he picks up his GX9 and does not say much about the new lens mounted on it.

doady

Mu-43 All-Pro
He also made a video to announce that he is no longer a Panasonic ambassador and that he thinks photographers obsess too much about gear. So I think that new lens is not a Panasonic one and that he didn't talk much about on purpose.

Generationfourth

Mu-43 Veteran
He also made a video to announce that he is no longer a Panasonic ambassador and that he thinks photographers obsess too much about gear. So I think that new lens is not a Panasonic one and that he didn't talk much about on purpose.
That’s actually in the same video and he heavily implies that it is a Panasonic lens to assure everyone he is still interested in covering m43. But yes I think there is a chance it is third party.

Personally I’d love if it were an Oly lens and that ambassadors stopped presenting in a specific Panasonic or Olympus brand bubble. Mixing and matching is one of the key advantages of m43.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
Perhaps it is a Panasonic and he has an NDA until it is announced?

--Ken

mawz

Mu-43 Veteran
That’s actually in the same video and he heavily implies that it is a Panasonic lens to assure everyone he is still interested in covering m43. But yes I think there is a chance it is third party.

Personally I’d love if it were an Oly lens and that ambassadors stopped presenting in a specific Panasonic or Olympus brand bubble. Mixing and matching is one of the key advantages of m43.

The problem is that there isn't a concept of an '4/3rds Alliance' Ambassador. A pity, I wish there was.

The brand ambassadors are pretty much required to stick to their brands as part of the deal.

I know Oly has shed some Ambassadors recently as part of the transition, largely it seems to be a brand alignment thing with OMDS going more in on the 'in the bush' photographers over traditional event/portrait ones.

Mu-43 Legend

Sounds like he had a falling out w/Lumix. That's too bad. He did reference the lens as a specific before-release product. We'll see.

He did mention "Finland is a very small company, and Lumix has very small brand in this very small market" so I have no one I can collaborate with here :(

Latest threads

Top Bottom