1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

new lens highlight/shadow blinkies

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by mwherley, Aug 15, 2013.

1. mwherley

mwherley Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 15, 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    This is puzzling. I just got a new Olympus m zuiko 75-300mm II lens and I get orange highlight and blue shadow blinkies in the viewfinder in normal operation. My other 2 lenses for this system don't do that. Is there a way to turn this off? I've looked in the menu and don't seem to find it. Or is this a defect in the lens firmware or circuitry? I checked and there are no lens firmware updates. Thanks for any help you can give.

2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

What body?

3. mwherley

mwherley Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 15, 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    omd em5

4. Ig7

Ig7 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2011
    I asked this question in another thread, but I wonder how many keepers do you get from his lens if you are not using tripod? I also have OMD.

5. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    Use the "INFO" Button

Pressing the info button will toggle the display through the settings you have selected in the Gears Icon menu. Just get into the Gears menu and scroll to the "Disp" setting. Enter that setting and it gives you the option of turning on/off "Shadow/Highlights" in various display modes. If that doesn't work, I'd send the lens back or in for repair.
    Good Luck!
    Bobby

6. mwherley

mwherley Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 15, 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    Thanks

Bobby, Thanks for the suggestion. Turning highlight/shadow off in the Live View info mode seems to have done the trick. I still wonder why neither of my other m4/3 lenses showed the blinkies in the viewfinder and the lcd under the same settings.

Michael