New Lens Day!

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by mattia, Feb 27, 2013.

1. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I've been debating the 12-35 ever since it came out - mostly because I would dearly love for Oly to release something slightly longer and f2.8-4-ish in the same price bracket, but I came across a great deal on a 6 month old 12-35, absolutely mint (read: looks brand new in box) that still has a year and a half of warrantee on it, so I went ahead and bought it.

Only fiddled around in the house (it's gray and dark outdoors), but the size balances nicely on the E-M5. Feels like a slightly tubbier version of the 7-14, and gives me the ideal travel setup. I'll probably sell the 12-50, maybe the 45, very maybe the 20, add the 75 and the 25 and I'll have my 'ideal' kit. Until/unless I go on Safari and Panasonic or Olympus release a proper fast telephoto and a teleconverter, but who knows if that's ever going to happen!

2. greyhat

greyhat Mu-43 Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Wow, congrats! That must be so exciting. I have been debating same lens, 12-35, for my GH3 for couple weeks. I posted a thread here to ask about it and the issues that have been found in "some" patches. I received varying replies. Over all, seems the problem was only in some, and it happens at a certain angle and can be visible at 200%+ view. I am still looking forward to getting this lens. How are you liking it? Tried it for video yet? :)

3. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I saw that, and if I really cared about video it might worry me a little, but I've never shot anything more than the occasional short clip, and I've never seen anyone complain about the stills performance. When I have shot video, I've usually used the 5DII and manual glass. Stills 'work' better for me.

I like having a fast-ish lens for lower light, and something that sharpens up well for landscape shooting, where I actually often prefer the 12mm perspective to the ultrawide perspective. Very excited :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    If you decide to sell your 12-50 b&h gave me $240 for mine. :). No fuss, no muss.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.