New iPhoto on iPad 3

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by WT21, Mar 8, 2012.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    This looks pretty slick. Works with images up to 19MP.

Apple - Apple Events - Apple Special Event March 2012

Scrub to about minute 62.30 to see the start of the iPhoto demo.

This thing looks pretty cool. Only I think it was $4.99 (assuming you also buy an iPad 3!)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    I think It will work on ipad2 as well but you have to update to the latest IOS.
  3. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    It also runs on the iPhone 4 and up.
  4. Gusnyc

Gusnyc Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    New York
    Yes, it works with the iPad 2. I downloaded it yesterday. It is nice to have iPhoto, but there is also a myriad of apps for photographers in the iPad.

Iphoto is very, very slick, but limited. Anyway, you can do retouching very, very fast. The controls are intuitive and a pleasure to use. Tweaking the photos feels very "organic". I can't imagine how good this is going to be in the new iPad, with that breathtaking resolution. Sharing options are great.

Another thing is that it runs in the iPhone, which is a nice surpise.

I was dreaming about having an iPad version of Aperture, but that didn't happen.
  5. Ccasey

Ccasey Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I saw the announcement yesterday (but not the demo) and didn't think much of it... I'm a happy Lightroom user / RAW shooter currently. But that was an excellent demonstration, and the ease of editing seems like it could make the ipad the editing tool of choice if you don't have lots of intricate work to do on your photos.

Only question in my mind is how do you integrate the changes into your main photo archive? Given the limited space on the ipad, you're going to have to synchronize and then delete, as opposed to just building up a big library.

Very cool app, though... certainly worth the $5.

6. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    I'm hoping that this is the last step before releasing Aperture 4. It's been a 2-year cycle for each version of Aperture and A3 was released 2/15/2010.

It's all good...
    • Like Like x 1
  7. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    The cloud retouch reminded right away of Nik Software's Upoint technology, wonder if they licensed it from Nik.
  8. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I wonder how this compares to Nik's Snapseed... (which I got for free on one of their promotion days, yay!)
  9. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Maybe iCloud