New Intro- What you think?

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by aonavy, Dec 1, 2012.

1. aonavy

aonavy Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2012
    Epping NH
    George
    Used Motion 5 and FCPX. This is my first one. I like it.
    Thoughts?

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/54672540?badge=0" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/54672540">BrowniePics New Intro</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user14665250">BrowniePics Productions</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

2. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Nice. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    not sure the sparkly explosion is right at the end.... a bit too much.... the last thing you should see before the fade to black and your actual video starts should be the company name... not an explosion

just my thoughts

K

• Like Like x 1
  4. aonavy

aonavy Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2012
    Epping NH
    George
    Thanks!

5. aonavy

aonavy Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2012
    Epping NH
    George
    I like the stars at the end!

Thanks for the looking though

6. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    this link, though its a tutorial for a 3d application has some good pointers

watch the first part of the video, or read through the text

How to Create a Professional Logo Animation | Blender Guru

To me the point of an intro is to implant the name of the company on the minds of the viewer... and people remember the last thing they see....... its your choice if you want to be remembered as BrowniePics or whatshis name...you know ...that guy with the sparkly explosion.

At the end of the day an intro like this is there to communicate a message....ie name of production company.... not to please you.

you have done good work there with Motion...but i think you have been seduced a little by the "gee whizz I can do this" aspect of Motion and havent really thought through the purpose of the end result.

Just my thoughts

k

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Nice, it certainly gets your attention! :thumbup:

8. aonavy

aonavy Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2012
    Epping NH
    George
    I would think you would end the video on the name not the beginning. But i will look over the link. ANything i can pick up would be great

9. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    In cinema the production logo goes at the beginning.... think 20th Century fox, the MGM lion etc. On TV there is often a very short logo a the end of a program.

K

10. aonavy

aonavy Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2012
    Epping NH
    George
    thank you!

11. aonavy

aonavy Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2012
    Epping NH
    George
    watching that video and the "tips" at the beginning is exactly what I have.Have you watched this vide0?

12. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    Of course I have watched the video....I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't think it was relevant.

What you have isn't 'exactly' what he describes.... your intro doesn't end with the logo of the production company.... but with an 'explosion' that destroys your logo. Thats my key point....

Go look at other intro sequences - generally they build up to a completed logo that hold before fading out. Yours builds up and destroys itself without any real hold. In my mind it fails as an effective intro

You asked for opinions... I'm offering some.

K

13. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Kevin's points are valid. The explosions are a real attention getting, I'd put them at the beginning and at the end I'd do some type of dissolve going from ... say black to your logo. Or, in lieu of the dissolve have your logo transform from small to large. There is a million things you can do, just remember to tell 'em what you're goin' to say, say it, then tell 'em what you said.

Gary

PS- I do like all the various elements you've created.
    G

• Like Like x 2