New here

Franssales

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi all,

I'm 50-something journalist from Finland. I haven't bought my E-P2 yet, but I've started to collect lenses for it. The first purchase was Zuiko 50/1.4 (OM).

The reason why I haven't bought the body yet is that it has not arrived to Finland like I want it: silver, leather (not black) grip, preferably kitted with 14-42 mm and EVF. I want that colour because it reminds me of the colours of my childhood in 50's and 60's. I know exactly how stupid it sounds, but its my money - and I can do with EOS 350D as long as it takes.

Any hints of silver/leather kit like described are very welcome.

Franssales

Mu-43 Rookie
That's a nice one, too

Its looks ok, too - and I may have use for that kind of case.

Franssales

Mu-43 Rookie
Not quite but near

Thanks BBW, its near but the idea is to get rid of the black grip of the silver version and get both the case and the grip in the same colour.

Right now it seems unlikely.

I hardly can make the order from Japan. Featurewise the E-P2 is an expensive camera. The most affordable alternative would be the black kit with zoom & EVF, 899 euro from here (Finland). Silver version plus zoom is 689 euro from Holland, with mailing and EVF bought later its roughly the same than here.

For my great surprise, the silver / brown grip version from japan is by far the most expensive, despite of their low VAT (5%). The body + zoom lens cost almost 1000 euro + mailing - without EVF, which is a must, since its a workhorse for me, not a vacation camera. The difference is even bigger, since I can deduct VAT from my taxes. So it is probable that I'll go with the silver / black grip version, in hopes that I can do something for the grip later. I am painfully aware that if I get the silver / black grip version and nothing can be done for the black grip, I must also go for the black case and forget any changes later.

Any hints of silver / brown grip version, as well as Japanese camera market are greatly appreciated.

Franssales

Mu-43 Rookie
OK, but I am hunting mainly for the hand grip of camera. I ended up to get a silver / black grip version. Since the grip can be screwed off, I just hope I can get the brown leather grip somewhere. The case is stylish and practical, though, and I will need that, too...

nokiamia

Mu-43 Regular
Frenssales, can't wait to see your eventual EP2. I really think it's worth to customize the EP1/2 and EPL1 to individual liking as they are such a gorgeous cameras.

Latest threads

Top Bottom