new here with GX7

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Tacoma16, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Tacoma16

Tacoma16 New to Mu-43

Sep 29, 2016
    Pittsburgh PA
    Jon
    Just joined up. I got a GX7 and 14-42II last week.
    Long time canon shooter and wanted a setup good for travel when i didnt want to take all the bigger gear.
    So far been really enjoying the GX7 still learning the menu system and all the little features built in. But I am impressed. I am surprised that this little sensor ISO 6400 can equal and even slightly edge out the ISO6400 on my 7D Mark II

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Wait until you put a good lens on it. ;-)
    Welcome to the club!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tacoma16

Tacoma16 New to Mu-43

Sep 29, 2016
    Pittsburgh PA
    Jon
    I have been contemplating getting an adapter to use my canon glass but all the manual ones I see none of a aperture control and i am not paying the price they want for a metabones. I feel they are grossly overpriced.
    I am mainly only going to be getting the 25mm 1.7, 42.5 1.7, and the 100-300 and thats probably it. since I want to keep it small and light

4. listers_nz

listers_nz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2013
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Simon
    Kipon make a manual adapter with aperture, and also an AF adapter cheaper than the metabones one. Kipon: Lens Adapters, Mounts & Tubes | eBay I've no experience with either, so suggest you do your own research before committing.

5. Tacoma16

Tacoma16 New to Mu-43

Sep 29, 2016
    Pittsburgh PA
    Jon
    I saw a video of the Kipon in another thread. looked pretty good. but I think I am gonna just buy the lenses for the body instead of adapting my canon stuff. Reason I got the GX7 was for small and portable. if I am trying to use my Sigma 150-600 there goes that LOL