New here, hey from Ohio

Larry H-L

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Larry
Hi all,

I've been visiting the site for 18 months or so, finally getting around to registering.

I'm a former photojournalist and picture editor of 25 years, and now a photo educator in southeastern Ohio. I also do quite a lot of freelance work.

I shoot with just about everything... from large-format black and white, medium format TLRs, film rangefinders, Nikon dSLRs, and now to m4/3.

I've really been impressed with the quality that comes out of these small and light cameras.

I currently have a Panasonic G3, Oly EP-2, EPL-1, with a variety of glass.

Good to be here!

Larry

slothead

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi Larry, and welcome to the forum. Being from SE OH you might know where Caldwell is (even if it hadn't been in the news last year). I did a bit of my growing up there while my Dad officiated at the EUB church there. I've been away from there a long time, but not all that far away (we are in MD now).

Larry H-L

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Larry
Hi Tom, yes I know Caldwell, about 50 miles east of me. I sometimes stop there to gas up the motorcycle. I was out riding in MD, VA and WV over the weekend, beautiful country.

Thanks for the welcome.

Blotzphoto

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Lou Doench
Howdy Buckeye! A Cincinnatian myself, I love your part of The Heart of it All.

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
Welcome, Larry! Sounds like you'll have some useful things to share with us with your breadth of experience. Hope you enjoy it here.

Larry H-L

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Larry
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Zukes and Dan, an Athens meet for coffee sometime?

wildwildwes

Mu-43 Veteran
Welcome Larry! Spent a little time growing up in Kettering / Centerville. Mom's in Columbus so OH is still in my blood!

Cheers! :th_salute:

Larry H-L

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Larry
Wild,

Small world, my first newspaper job was in Kettering! Also worked in Cincinnati for a spell, miss the Skyline cheese coneys.

Latest threads

Top Bottom