1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New hello from Alabama

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by dave37, Mar 4, 2012.

1. dave37

dave37 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 3, 2012
    Alabama, USA
    I have been visiting this site for a few months now, and have come to the conclusion it was time to join in for many reasons. The reason first and foremost is the fact that I have many questions as I build my system, and I want to be able to act on things that appeal to me. What especially appeals to me is the friendliness you all..... no wait, remember, I am from the south.... y'all exhibit, and the ability to disagree and get over it. I will say this, you Oly fans make quite a case, but I am going with Panny to tailor my needs. The dialogue within this forum has definitely helped make my decisions.

I recently purchased a factory refurb GF2 w14-42 for a great price to get started, just received the adapter to use my Nikkor F mount prime lenses, 20mm 1.7 demo lens from Adorama will be here tomorrow, prob will purchase a 100-300 to cover far end, and fill in between with new 2.8 X lenses when they come out. My future plans include another body..... A GX1, G3, (maybe even an OLY) we will see.... no hurry. I just want a camera with quality that I can have at arms length anytime and not feel like a pack mule.

A little about me: I have had an interest in Photography since 1978. I have mostly used Nikons, and still own an FE2, F2AS, and a bag full of lenses. I also have a little used Hasselblad 500 C/M with 50mm Distagon, 80mm Planar, 150mm Sonar, close up rings, and extension tubes. I also have a neat little post WWII Contax II rangefinder with Zeiss Opton 50mm f2 T Sonnar. I make note of this, because I envision that little Zeiss on my 4/3 body. I absolutely love darkroom work, and I "cut my teeth" on printing Cibachrome, after I found several thousand sheets at a salvage store. All this leads to one thing: I need some help when it comes to digital!!!! My extent of digital has been using a little Panny P&S for about 5 years.... just waiting for the right time.

I recently retired..... just because I wanted to!!! My interests include wanderings on my property, I am a Master Gardener, I create custom concrete objects, love "repurposing" stuff I acquire, music, craft ale, and of course, my wife and I like to travel.

Looking forward to everything this site has to offer.

Dave

2. rex87

rex87 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    winnipeg, mb
    sweet home ALABAMA.. We welcome you.

3. vidiot72

vidiot72 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 11, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Where in Alabam are you Dave old boy?

4. heedpantsnow

heedpantsnow Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    Dave, welcome. I'm from Birmingham, and still spend quite a bit of time there. I hope you enjoy the forum and your new camera as much as I have enjoyed mine!

5. David Freeman

David Freeman New to Mu-43

Feb 28, 2012
    Thanks guys

6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group, Dave! Congrats on grabbing a deal on a GF2 kit... a nice way to start.

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Dave.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.