New GX7 - flash trouble?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by jhomer, Sep 27, 2013.

1. jhomer

jhomer Mu-43 Regular

Jun 8, 2011
    Got the new camera in 36 hours from Henry's. They are the best. Camera seems terrific. But...

Is anyone else finding the flash to be not working/greed out in most modes? My flash is only firing from the so-far-un customized custom modes. Will not fire (and is greyed out) when in PASM and does not fire in iA (intelligent auto).

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Hopefully I am missing something obvious....

That said, when in C modes, the ability to point flash at ceiling and bounce is really useful.

Thanks all.
  2. jhomer

jhomer Mu-43 Regular

Jun 8, 2011
    Yep, I'm an idiot....

You can't use the flash in silent mode!

A couple first impressions...

- the new 20 is completely silent and seems a little faster to focus. Does not feel like an outdated lens at all. The old beautiful images in a much sleeker feeling and looking package.
    - the camera focuses unbelievably fast. And focuses in almost complete darkness. Try the touch shutter on the back - instantaneous!
    - the peaking / enlarged center image/ af/mf lever make manual focus incredibly smooth and accurate.
    - VF is crisp, but a bit small. The design overall though is so great (and what I have wanted for years now) so not something I will mind.
    - I don't know how much I will use the VF pointing straight up, BUT having it tilted just a little up is really comfortable and useful. Looking through that way and having a thumb drag the smallest AF point on the monitor is a great way to shoot.
    - touch screen is very responsive, exceptionally nice to use, no frustration.

Off for more playing.....
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Talanis

Talanis Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2012
    Sherbrooke, Canada
    Eric Cote
    The old 20mm seems to focus faster on the GX7 than on my E-M5

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app
    • Like Like x 2