1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New GX1 user

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by pikestar, Apr 11, 2012.

1. pikestar

pikestar Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 8, 2012
    UK
    Hi all just got myself a GX1, wanted something a little smaller than the Canon 1000D which can be a pain to take about with me (once you include a couple of lenses).

Now on the look out for some cheap fast glass, anybody had any experience with the cheap c mount lenses from Hong Kong. Not after huge IQ (but obivously no total crap) just love a shallow depth of field.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome to the forum, and congratulations for the new GX1!!

3. ggibson

ggibson Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    If you want cheap fast glass, look for an adapted 50mm f1.8 or 1.4. Or maybe the Konica 40mm f1.8. I suppose you might find an OK 25mm c-mount for less than $100, but most of the one's I've used or researched either don't focus to infinity, have horrible IQ, or are expensive. They're fun, but the novelty of the vignetting and weird bokeh fades fast. Besides, unless you have an EVF, manual focusing is really annoying. You'd be much better off spending your money on a Panasonic 20mm f1.7 or Olympus 45mm f1.8.

4. pikestar

pikestar Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 8, 2012
    UK
    Cheers thats the kind of response I was expecting, kind of knew a cheap c mount was never going to get a good response :frown:

Found a couple of the konica's on ebay so will look into them :smile:. Already got a 50mm 1.8 for the canon so I've ordered an adapter just wanted a smaller lense for the GX1.