New GX1 user in UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by dannymatronic, Mar 22, 2012.

1. dannymatronic

dannymatronic New to Mu-43

Feb 23, 2012
    Hi I'm Danny.

Just picked up a GX1 + 14-42x after three years learning the ropes with a Sony DSLR. Decided to jump ship for the convenience and portability of M43 - finally realised that it's no good having a great camera if it's too big to take anywhere! Mainly shoot portraits of the kids and anything that catches my eye when I'm out, so much happier to always have a camera to hand.

Really pleased to find such a great forum for M43 as I was an active member of Dyxum.com (the equivalent site for Minolta/Sony A mount), and look forward to contributing more.

Very impressed with the GX1 so far, outperforms my old Sony A200 in virtually every way (especially high ISO), and not even missing the viewfinder too much yet.

Only had the camera a couple of days but managed to fire off a few shots with the x kit lens and a 50mm 1.7 Pentax lens I found attached to my dad's ME Super in the back of a cupboard. Very pleased with the performance of the Pentax and also the kit lens (once I'd made a few amendments to panny's JPEG settings!). Not been able to replicate the issues other users have had with this lens, so maybe newer copies are improving.

Here's a couple of examples of the results i've got so far:

7005664441_34860fb168_c.
    GX1+Pentax 50mm ISO320 f1.7

6859544808_bcf4efcb51_c.
    GX1+Pentax 50mm ISO200 f2

6859541636_5ca5a72124_c.
    GX1+Pentax 50mm ISO200 f1.7

2. Mighty macro

Mighty macro New to Mu-43

Mar 24, 2012
    Lens adaptor

Hi Danny

These pics are great!
    I am also new to micro 4/3. I have recently purchased a gx1. My dad had a old Pentax me super and I've been wanting to use the Pentax 50mm f1.7 lens on the gx1. I am hoping it will give me a shallower depth of field as it has a lower f-stop.

Can I ask what lens adapter you used to get you Pentax lens to fit?

Thanks

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Danny - nice shots show you know your way around a camera - new or not.

4. dannymatronic

dannymatronic New to Mu-43

Feb 23, 2012
    Thanks Mighty Macro - I basically purchased the cheapest adapter available on eBay -

Pentax PK lens To Micro 4/3 M43 Adapter GF1 GH2 EP2 EP1 | eBay

I'm very pleased with it - surprisingly well made (all metal construction) and focusses fine to infinity. The only problem is that it takes about 3 weeks to turn up from HK.