New GX1 owner from UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by harry66, Mar 5, 2012.

1. harry66

harry66 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 5, 2012
    Redbridge, London
    Hi All,

Stumbled across this site looking for pics of the Lumix leather case for the GX1 and decided to sign up and say hello!

Recently sold my GF1 + 14-140mm lens (lens hardly ever got used) and that paid for my new silver GX1 and PZ 14-42mm lens kit.
    I also own a LX5 which probably was being used more than the GF1 in recent months.

I used to be a Nikon user but got fed up lumping a rucksack with me every where so decided to downsize 2 years ago.

My fave lens is (off course) the 20mm - this was the main reason my 14-140mm rarely got used. I kinda got used to not using zoom!

Married with kids so don't seem to get time for much photography (other than family). But hoping the new GX1 and Spring being round the corner will kickstart things a bit!

All the best :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group and cult, Harry! Congratulations on the new GX1.

3. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome and congrats!!

4. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England
    Welcome from West London. :wink:

5. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Welcome - case for GX1

Welcome Harry,

This is a great site for Mu43 owners.

Like you, I recently upgraded my GF1 to the GX1+14-42X - alas I am currently in communication with Panasonic due to focussing issues with 14-42X (have to say UK Customer Service is the pits - still waiting for constructive communication since 20 Feb!).

I did manage to get the case but again it took and Email to the MD of Panasonic UK before it happened but I believe they are now going to be stocked in the UK, they are very well made and the leather is superb so a good investment in a camera cover for a camera kit that was not cheap.

The actual part no for the black case is - DMW-CGK13-K and there are some images of my kit with case below:

GX1_case_front.

GX1_case_rear.

GX1_from_above.

GX1_street_set.

• Like Like x 1
  6. harry66

harry66 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 5, 2012
    Redbridge, London
    Care to expand on the focussing issues? I have not had much use out of mine yet....

7. Dangermouse1968

Dangermouse1968 Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2011
    Ian, where did you get the lens hood? I don't remember getting one with my new 20mm :-(

8. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Issues with 14-42X are unsharp images at both 14 & 42 ends despite ensuring shutter speed exceeds focal length used, this has been well documented and there are other posts across the web about this.

The lens hood is from the company "Kood" and is a well made metal screw in hood that I got 2yrs ago, cost about £14.

The lens does not come with a hood!

9. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

10. PickleB

PickleB Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2012
    UK - J6 on the M25
    If anyone wants one, I just got one here leaving 3 more available.

And ... welcome Harry!

11. harry66

harry66 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 5, 2012
    Redbridge, London
    Sorry for not responding guys - I did not get any email notifications and been quite busy last few days.