1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New Guy in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by jloden, May 15, 2012.

1. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself quickly before I start posting. I am new to photography as a serious pursuit and picked up my first "good" camera last summer to start taking better photos of travel, hobbies, friends and family. I settled on a Panasonic GF2 that I've been slowly learning to wield better ever since. This year I decided rather than move up to a DSLR I would invest deeper in MFT format and spent the money on glass for my GF2 instead :D

So, I decided to join here to hopefully pick up some tips, feedback, and stay abreast of updates to the MFT format & technology while I learn.

-Jay

2. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Welcome aboard, Jay. You'll find all you're looking for and more right here. Smart move to invest in more glass before upgrading your camera. Put your gear in your signature... and post often!

• Like Like x 1
  3. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Good move, Jay, and welcome to the forum from GSP Exit 135!

• Like Like x 1
  4. jloden

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay

I updated my signature, figure that should help folks with feedback and advice if they know what I have to work with!

5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Welcome to the board. The GF2 is a fun (and under appreciated camera). Be sure and post some shots for us to see. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  6. jloden

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
  7. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Welcome aboard. Hunterdon County is beautiful! Used to live just east of there in Branchburg. I miss Flemington, Lambertville, and so many other nice places...

• Like Like x 1
  8. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    That's the best beginners kit I've ever seen! LOL. Since you've got all your lenses covered, go and pursue your photographic endeavors!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey Welcome to the hang out. It's a nice place to chill here with everyone.

Far out you got the lens thing right!. I've been with mu43 for over two years and I've only got 2 native lenses!

Just noticed in your sig that you've mentioned 'Oly 14-45mm' I'm pretty sure only panny has the 14-45mm unless there's been a new development.

hope to see you regularly!

best,
    icon

• Like Like x 1
  10. jloden

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Whoops, thanks... that should have been 14-42mm!

Thanks all. I'm a big believer in good tools - lets me know I'm only limited by my skills. Now I'm focusing on getting better behind the camera :)

11. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Welcome from I80 exit 36

• Like Like x 1