1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New Guy here - missed the good deals ?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Steve-H, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Steve-H

Steve-H Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    All,
    Looks like I made a mistake. For the past couple of months I've been deciding between the E-M5 and the X Pro-1. Based upon my needs, I feel the E-M5 is best for me, so I was ready to pounce. Unfortunately I was a day late and dollar short - and it looks like I missed out on the $150 rebates via Amazon.
    Any news of some new deals coming out ? I figure with Photokina around the block it may bring some price drops...

Thanks !

2. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Olympus' website constantly has rebates, etc., might be worth looking there. Otherwise, I have no doubt other rebates will pop up if you're patient.

3. Steve-H

Steve-H Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks ! I just noticed a subforum here too...I'll have to keep an eye out.

4. merosen

merosen Mu-43 Regular

Jun 14, 2012
    Somerville (Boston), MA
    Mark
  5. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
  6. MingTyhMaa

MingTyhMaa Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    Lafayette, CA
    Ming-Tyh Maa
    Camera West (camerawest.com) in Walnut Creek, CA has a 10- used OM-D for $850. I've been so tempted by it myself. I'm sure they can ship it.

7. makoti

makoti Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2012
    Virginia
    Can you link that? I looked at the site, but didn't see them.

8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum! Patience can pay off - if you wait for Photokina there may be some drops after, or watch the buy sell threads here.

9. Steve-H

Steve-H Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks again guys. I'll see what Photokina brings. I have a trip to Spain early next month - so I'll be pulling the trigger here soon.

10. kartonos

kartonos Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 4, 2012
    I missed a lot too...

Free MMF-3 (april to june purchase/ australia) - bought om-d on 1st of july.
    $Cash back - Us only
    Lens rebate - Us only

Samyang 7.5 Big dip offer - missed by a day
    $150 Olympus 40-150 B&H - missed
    $282 Pany 45-175x - just realize it this morning

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.