New guy from Pennsylvania

Real Name
Joseph T Murphy IV
Hello,

Just a short introduction. My name is same as my screen name, creative I'm not. I live in Pennsylvania and enjoy photographing birds and wildlife and the landscapes in which they reside.

I always had an interest in photography but it waned during the changeover from film to digital. A friend gave me his Olympus C-2020 back in 2005 or so and I got my interest back.

Since then I have used DSLR's from several manufacturers. I still own all of them too, along with a ton of old film cameras and lenses. But about a year ago I bought an E-PL2 used and added a couple of adapters to use older 35mm lenses and enjoyed the results so progressed with Olympus M4/3rds gear to the point where I have built a fairly good system.

My goals here are learn more about the capabilities of the M4/3rds camera and to gain inspiration to further my pursuits of photographing nature, birds, and wildlife.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA :)

Baby Pileated 7-29-20-3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OldRex

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
Welcome aboard Tim. You have come to one of the nicest internet places I have seen in a long time. Enjoy it with the rest of us.

Avondale87

Tasmania
Real Name
Richard
Welcome Tim
One thing here you won't get here what that lovely bird you photographed so nicely does so well - peck holes in everything.
I'm relatively new and have not encountered a peck here ?
Keep posting.

Real Name
Joseph T Murphy IV
@Tim Murphy
WELCOME TO MU-43
Mostly a very friendly, helpful group of folks. Lotsa talented people, too.

Then there's the rest of us.
Hope you enjoy the site as much as I have.

Dear Apollo,

Thank you, and everyone else for the welcome. I look forward to reading and learning, and will definitely post pictures on occasion.

I'm just glad to be part of a group where I can maintain my status quo as one of "the rest of us." :yahoo:

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)

Andrewmap

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Martin
Hello,

Just a short introduction. My name is same as my screen name, creative I'm not. I live in Pennsylvania and enjoy photographing birds and wildlife and the landscapes in which they reside.

I always had an interest in photography but it waned during the changeover from film to digital. A friend gave me his Olympus C-2020 back in 2005 or so and I got my interest back.

Since then I have used DSLR's from several manufacturers. I still own all of them too, along with a ton of old film cameras and lenses. But about a year ago I bought an E-PL2 used and added a couple of adapters to use older 35mm lenses and enjoyed the results so progressed with Olympus M4/3rds gear to the point where I have built a fairly good system.

My goals here are learn more about the capabilities of the M4/3rds camera and to gain inspiration to further my pursuits of photographing nature, birds, and wildlife.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA :)

View attachment 843282
Welcome to MU43, you've made a great start with the woodpecker!

Apollo T.

Mu-43 Top Veteran
@Sleepy Capybara ,
This is the best photography forum. Period. I can talk to people here without fear of getting attacked. No time for fights anymore. Mu-43 remains my sole photography forum where I interact.
Check out Cameraderie.com many MU-43 ers are members there as well, so very much the same vibe. Just a broader audience. I pretty much agree these are my fave sites.

Latest threads

Top Bottom