1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New guy from Connecticut

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by DavidAllan, Aug 17, 2012.

1. DavidAllan

DavidAllan Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 17, 2012
    Shelton, CT
    Hi. I am new to m43 and this forum. The hulking dslr kit was not getting much use and I was really missing photography. When Olympus introduced the E-M5 I was really intrigued so I ended up getting one with the kit lens, the 75-300 and the 17mm. I am loving this! It is so.....refreshing! I am looking forward to learning a lot on this forum!

2. dgorman47

dgorman47 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2012
    Connecticut
    Dutch
    Welcome Dave I'm in CT as well and recently purchased an OMD as an upgrade to my old panny g1. If I have any lenses you want to ever meetup and try let me know:)

3. DavidAllan

DavidAllan Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 17, 2012
    Shelton, CT
    dgorman47 where in CT are you? I am in Shelton. Just got the Olympus gear a few days ago and went out to visit Steelers training camp in PA. Got some really good results with the 75-300 zoomed to 300. Like I could not imagine with my dslr stuff. Of course to afford an IS lens of that length I would have to win lotto!

4. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Welcome! I am in Connecticut also... Litchfield Hills...

Regards,

woof!

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum - does the training camp visit mean that you are a Steelers fan? I hope? :biggrin:

6. dgorman47

dgorman47 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2012
    Connecticut
    Dutch
    Wallingford CT. Not far from ya.

7. DavidAllan

DavidAllan Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 17, 2012
    Shelton, CT
    Hi Woof....Litchfield Hills is not too far from me....dgorman47 you are pretty close too. RevBob yes I have been a steeler fan for about 40 years! As a result, my 14 year old son is also. Hope to figure out how to post a few pics soon.

dgorman47 I checked out your website and love the photos you have up there. I'm glad I found this forum and hope to learn this camera and system soon!