New guy from Connecticut

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by DavidAllan, Aug 17, 2012.

1. DavidAllan

DavidAllan Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 17, 2012
    Shelton, CT
    Hi. I am new to m43 and this forum. The hulking dslr kit was not getting much use and I was really missing photography. When Olympus introduced the E-M5 I was really intrigued so I ended up getting one with the kit lens, the 75-300 and the 17mm. I am loving this! It is so.....refreshing! I am looking forward to learning a lot on this forum!

2. dgorman47

dgorman47 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2012
    Connecticut
    Dutch
    Welcome Dave I'm in CT as well and recently purchased an OMD as an upgrade to my old panny g1. If I have any lenses you want to ever meetup and try let me know:) 

3. DavidAllan

DavidAllan Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 17, 2012
    Shelton, CT
    dgorman47 where in CT are you? I am in Shelton. Just got the Olympus gear a few days ago and went out to visit Steelers training camp in PA. Got some really good results with the 75-300 zoomed to 300. Like I could not imagine with my dslr stuff. Of course to afford an IS lens of that length I would have to win lotto!

4. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Welcome! I am in Connecticut also... Litchfield Hills...

Regards,

woof!

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum - does the training camp visit mean that you are a Steelers fan? I hope? :biggrin:

6. dgorman47

dgorman47 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2012
    Connecticut
    Dutch
    Wallingford CT. Not far from ya.

7. DavidAllan

DavidAllan Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 17, 2012
    Shelton, CT
    Hi Woof....Litchfield Hills is not too far from me....dgorman47 you are pretty close too. RevBob yes I have been a steeler fan for about 40 years! As a result, my 14 year old son is also. Hope to figure out how to post a few pics soon.

dgorman47 I checked out your website and love the photos you have up there. I'm glad I found this forum and hope to learn this camera and system soon!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.