1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New G3 user - London

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by mrmessy, Mar 12, 2012.

1. mrmessy

mrmessy Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 12, 2012
    Hi,

I am the proud owner of a new G3.

I had an old film SLR (Praktica LTL) which I used between 1974 and 1985. Then I got tired of lugging it about and switched to a basic Canon 35mm point and shoot with two focal lengths.

In the early 00s I joinded the digital revolution and have owned a few point and shoots, most recently a Fuji 200EXR. I have become disatisfied with my the quality of these pictures and this came to a head when most of the photographs taken during a holiday in Provence were ruined due to a smudge on the lens. Not really the camera's fault but it pushed me into upgrading. I was never convinced that SLR was the way to go and have been following the development of Micro 4/3 with interest.

2. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England
    Welcome from West London. You should find this a useful forum. :smile:

3. Neon

Neon Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    North Wales,UK.
    Hello I have just arrived myself and will be interested to see how you get on with the G3 as that is the camera I may get.
    Have fun.
    Neil

4. PickleB

PickleB Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2012
    UK - J6 on the M25
    Hello and welcome ... from just south of London. I too have a G3 and am still getting used to it. Good shooting ...

5. mrmessy

mrmessy Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 12, 2012
    I had a holiday in South Africa with it a couple of weeks ago. This included a day's safari and I took some nice pictures with the 45-200mm lens.

6. PickleB

PickleB Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2012
    UK - J6 on the M25
    Sound good ... can we see them?

7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Welcome aboard.

Gary

8. mrmessy

mrmessy Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 12, 2012
    Here goes
    P1000353m.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    P1000213s.jpg

P1000256s.jpg
    P1000903s.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Welcome aboard! And nice photos - looks like you're getting great results. :smile:

10. PickleB

PickleB Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2012
    UK - J6 on the M25
    And very good they are too! I really like SA as there is generally enough light to get a decent shot ... just as we have in the UK right now!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.