New G3 Black Spot EVF

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by LeeOsenton, May 16, 2012.

1. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    Just got a new G3. Last night I noticed a small (1 pixel?) black spot in the EVF. It is near the center of the screen and can only be seen when pointed at light colored objects. The spot is not visible on the LCD or photos, so I believe it is a bad pixel in the EVF.

I can exchange the camera, but am uncertain if it is worth the trouble. I know sellers used to refuse to replace computer screens that only had 1 or 2 bad pixels; anyone know if that is true with cameras? It is not obtrusive and I will hate being without the camera for a week, but don't want to ignore this and then have a failure. I would appreciate hearing your thoughts or about similar experiences. Thanks,

Lee

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I had a camera with the same problem and kept it. If it's going to bug you, try to exchange it. Most stores will let you do that. For me the return hassle wasn't worth the trouble.

3. WalkerLucia

WalkerLucia New to Mu-43

May 17, 2012
    I think it is not a great problem, though I agree that it might be unpleasant. But it is unlikely that it will cause you much trouble.

4. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    Thanks

Thanks for the inputs; I feel the same way and will probably keep it. My primary concern is that this is not a problem that will get worse. It is at best an annoyance. Besides, last night my Pan/Leica 45mm showed up!

Lee