New Fuji X-A3

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by TNcasual, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Starfleet

Starfleet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2015
    Michigan, USA
  2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    I still don't get the appeal of a camera with no eye level viewfinder. I just cannot shoot the majority of my time with a rear LCD only.

Obviously there is a market for them, though - otherwise Fuji wouldn't keep putting out new models.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    This is their cheapest model, and I suppose buying a standard sensor from Sony is cheaper than using their custom X-Trans sensor (which is also made by Sony, BTW).

Ironically, those cameras also have the best image quality of all Fujifilm X-series cams precisely because they don't use X-Trans sensors.
  4. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Agreed about the IQ of the Bayer sensor. X-trans gives some odd artefacts and struggles with detailed greens such as foliage.
  5. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    If you are into Fuji, this is probably their best camera for use in landscape photography. 24MP Bayer sensor gives you good resolution with no artifacts or post-processing hassles and the flip-up touchscreen makes it easier than ever before to select your focus point. And it just so happens to be their cheapest camera, too!

Only downsides are no weather-sealing and EVF, of course.
  6. JYPfoto

JYPfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Other downsides are poor ergonomics, no AF joystick, slower AF, older processor, etc.
  7. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    The AF joystick, slower AF, and older processor aren't really relevant to landscape, which is what I referred to. The main disadvantage Fuji has for landscape use is their kooky X-Trans sensor, and the touchscreen for precise focus point selection on this one is really just icing.