New from Ontario

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Keeper, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Keeper

Keeper Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 10, 2010
    Just dropping in to say hello.

I am new to the site, new to photography, new to the m 4/3rds. I think you get the picture.

After days of reading reviews/specs and anything else I could find. I picked up the Olympus EPL1. So far I have been really happy with it.

I was looking at one of the superzoom cameras then I started adding features, and well I hit that point where for $50 extra I could step up to a whole new level of camera. I am glad I did.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Keeper, welcome and thanks so much for your introduction! The E-PL1 is a great camera and works beautifully with both the Olympus and Panasonic lenses.

I see you've already found your way to the E-PL1 Image thread!:2thumbs:

Congratulations on a great camera!:biggrin:

3. Keeper

Keeper Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 10, 2010
    Yeah it was that thread that got me to sign up :) 

I am in the beginning stages of playing with it, already looking at the Panasonic 20mm/1.7 lense, well looking for it on sale anyway!

Thanks for the welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Glad you found your way here, Keeper. You might want to keep your eyes on the Classified/Marketplace section here for a 20mm lens, you never know. Be sure to familiarize yourself with how the marketplace works by reading this sticky: https://www.mu-43.com/f17/read-post-before-using-marketplace-8/

Meanwhile, enjoy yourself and really give that lens a work out. It's a very good lens and quite versatile!

5. Keeper

Keeper Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 10, 2010
    I have been very happy with the kit lens. The pany is for my wife and her Bon-Jovi concert, no flash allowed so a good fast lens should help out (that's my excuse!!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.