1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New from Ontario

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Keeper, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Keeper

Keeper Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 10, 2010
    Just dropping in to say hello.

I am new to the site, new to photography, new to the m 4/3rds. I think you get the picture.

After days of reading reviews/specs and anything else I could find. I picked up the Olympus EPL1. So far I have been really happy with it.

I was looking at one of the superzoom cameras then I started adding features, and well I hit that point where for $50 extra I could step up to a whole new level of camera. I am glad I did.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Keeper, welcome and thanks so much for your introduction! The E-PL1 is a great camera and works beautifully with both the Olympus and Panasonic lenses.

I see you've already found your way to the E-PL1 Image thread!:2thumbs:

Congratulations on a great camera!:biggrin:

3. Keeper

Keeper Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 10, 2010
    Yeah it was that thread that got me to sign up :)

I am in the beginning stages of playing with it, already looking at the Panasonic 20mm/1.7 lense, well looking for it on sale anyway!

Thanks for the welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Glad you found your way here, Keeper. You might want to keep your eyes on the Classified/Marketplace section here for a 20mm lens, you never know. Be sure to familiarize yourself with how the marketplace works by reading this sticky: https://www.mu-43.com/f17/read-post-before-using-marketplace-8/

Meanwhile, enjoy yourself and really give that lens a work out. It's a very good lens and quite versatile!

5. Keeper

Keeper Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 10, 2010
    I have been very happy with the kit lens. The pany is for my wife and her Bon-Jovi concert, no flash allowed so a good fast lens should help out (that's my excuse!!)