New from ohio ,hi everyone

scottyboy

Mu-43 Regular
Girlfriend wanted a camera,something simple as both of us are rookies.i decided to get her a panasonic gf2 w/ kit lens ,the view finder and 20mm lens as i read how great a lens it is.after seeing some pics.she shot and totally loving the size of the camera i sold my pentax k-x and lenses and bought a panasonic g3 and the 20mm lens for myself.this way we can share lenses as we get them.had my g3 for a couple of days but not much time to mess with it.

cherrywood

Mu-43 Regular
New from Ohio

Hello, and welcome from a member also from ohio/nw. Were a friendly bunch around here and all of us learn something or other from hanging out at Mu-43.

Best to you and your New G3.Hope you enjoy it .

Dennis.

JJJPhoto

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jerry Jackson Jr
As a fellow Ohio member of the mu-43 forum, welcome!

I'm based in the Cincinnati area and have used a variety of cameras as well (including Pentax 35mm film and DSLR cameras).

I hope you feel at home in this community.

krugorg

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Welcome to the forum!

Very cool to have a couple m4/3 bodies "in the family." My wife and I both have Olys and we share the primes. Good stuff (as long as she doesn't take the lens I want to use, of course).

JJJPhoto

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jerry Jackson Jr
Welcome to the forum!

Very cool to have a couple m4/3 bodies "in the family." My wife and I both have Olys and we share the primes. Good stuff (as long as she doesn't take the lens I want to use, of course).
That's why you have to buy multiple lenses that cover "roughly" the same focal lengths and apertures: 17mm, 20mm and 25mm lenses. ;)

krugorg

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
That's why you have to buy multiple lenses that cover "roughly" the same focal lengths and apertures: 17mm, 20mm and 25mm lenses. ;)
I did use the justification that she needed her own pancake when I purchased the 14/2.5 (so she wouldn't need to use the 20/1.7 as often) :biggrin:

JJJPhoto

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jerry Jackson Jr
I did use the justification that she needed her own pancake when I purchased the 14/2.5 (so she wouldn't need to use the 20/1.7 as often) :biggrin:
Smart man. Now you just have to get her to use the 14mm all the time so you have an excuse to buy the 12mm as a second wide angle lens. :2thumbs:

hkpzee

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Patrick
Welcome to the forum, scottyboy! Glad to hear that your GF and you entered to m4/3 world together. You will have loads of fun...

Tried to get my wife to buy into using a m4/3 camera so I have more excuses to get new gears. She didn't fall for it. So I'm now working on my daughter (but she's only 3)...

BTW, I'm only half way across the globe in Hong Kong...

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
Rev is just trying to borrow lenses! Don't fall for his neighborliness;D

Wish my SO was into phoography!
We'd definitely have two leica. Lol

avidone

Mu-43 Top Veteran
welcome! but beware! the lens-acquisition hypnotism begins now:

you are getting greedy; you are getting very greedy; you NEED that lens; yes! NEED it!

(when you wake up you will have an sms warning from VISA and tomorrow a package in the mail)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom