1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New from Canada

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by giCe, Jan 31, 2013.

1. giCe

giCe Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 27, 2013
    Hi all!

I've just taken an impulse plunge and purchased an Olympus OM-D with 12-50 kit lens which should be arriving at my doorstep any day now.

I noticed that I've been keeping my dslrs at home due to its size and wanted a more compact solution that I can take out with me everyday.

I have an OM-1n and always loved the way it looks and I still taking that with me every once in a while. So the Silver OM-D was the natural choice =)

I don't want to spend too much money on my om-d kit as I already spent quite a bit on my Canon kit collection. So I just decided to pull the trigger on some cheap primes (samyang 7.5mm for $243, Sigma 19, 30 combo from BH for $199.99). I'm most likely going to keep the kit lens as it rains quite often where I am and weather resistance is a big plus for me.

For the time being I feel this m4/3 kit will serve me well for everyday uses and any shortcomings from the om-d can be compensated by my 5Diii (AF, low light etc.) =)

can't wait to get my hands on it and contribute more on this forum!
    Any suggestions/ tips with regards to om-d or m43 is greatly appreciated as I'm quite new to m43

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum and have fun with the new kit!

3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Now that's what I call an impulse! :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum - you'll find lots of helpful information herein on all things :43:.

Regards,

Jim

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard! As for suggestions, you might want to consider the 20mm f1.7 - it is extremely sharp, excellent in low light and selling for a bargain price now that the new 17mm has been released.