1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New forum member says hi

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Optical Thrombosis, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Optical Thrombosis

Optical Thrombosis Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2010
    Hello all - very pleased to have hit on this forum, and hopefully learn a few things. I am the proud owner of the Pen EP-1. As an Olympus user since OM's and Trip's, an early adopter of the 4/3rds system (2x E-1 bodies), I could easily be classified as biased!

To be honest, the E-P1 was the first camera in a long time to engender lust! I just had to have it - it looked and felt so...right. And retro. And solid. And on and on I could go (as my wife would say). I won't tell you how much I paid for it, but suffice to say being good friends with my local camera store and the Olympus rep paid off!!

I know the reviews said the Panasonic GF1 was just a teensy bit better, etc, but the GF1 left me cold, the E-P1 made me all rosy eyed and out came the wallet. The performance observed to date is more than good enough for me, and in body stabilisation - with my shaky hands, a must.

So I have the 14-42mm - what next? the 17mm f2.8? or the Pany 20mm f1.7? Or the Oly 50mm f2 Macro on the 4/3 adapter? I'm a kid in sweet shop!

Oh yes, I sacrificed a Canon 5D for this - good decision I think, the 5D is WAY overrated. I know. I had one!

Look forward to hearing from you all!

2. lori B

lori B Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 6, 2010
    san francisco, ca
    hi optical thrombosis (optical thrombosis???) and welcome. i am just a few days into the forum myself but finding wonderful threads everywhere i turn and am amused by your description about falling in love with the EP-1. i am an early G1 adopter (bought one of the first three that arrived at B&H) and felt similarly woozy.
    i've just acquired a 20mm f1.7 and i cannot put it down. i almost took it to bed with me the first night but was cautioned against it by someone i consider wise!
    wishing well from a san francisco hillside.

3. Optical Thrombosis

Optical Thrombosis Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2010
    Hi Lori - I suppose i should explain the handle - Optical Thrombosis = Clot behind the Lens!

You're in love with the 20mm f1.7 - sounds like a recommendation!

Good to talk, thanks for the welcome.

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Welcome aboard...
    get the 20 & the 17...with the finder...
    then your ready for.... whatever.....

5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi OT, thanks for the intro - I know how you feel about the E-P1, you've found the right place here... we're the friendliest bunch you'll find on the net :friends:

I'd go for the 20mm f1.7 next... it's a beauty.

Cheers

Brian

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Greetings and welcom aboard, Optical T.!:biggrin:

7. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.