1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New flea market find: Macro-Revuenon 24mm f/4

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by ante, Aug 20, 2012.

1. ante

ante Mu-43 Regular

Jul 15, 2012
    Denmark
    Got this cheaply the other day. Would really appreciate some C&C on these two pics which I like pretty much myself. Minimal PP, just cropping and a little blemish removal on the glass, where a glass imperfection was kind of disturbing.

What do you think?

GlassReflections2.JPG
    E-PM1    ---    0mm    f/1.0    1/30s    ISO 200

Roof1.
    E-PM1    ---    0mm    f/1.0    1/2000s    ISO 200

Some more images here: https://www.mu-43.com/f81/revuenon-24mm-f-4-mc-macro-image-thread-31705/.

• Like Like x 3
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    The first photo is interesting, the glass almost looks liquid. It feels a bit soft, but glass is notoriously hard to get clean focus on. The second shot has nice color and good contrast - it seems you found a very handy lens. :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  3. ante

ante Mu-43 Regular

Jul 15, 2012
    Denmark
    Thanks Bob, your encouragement is so rewarding, always. I kind of like the fact that the door and garden repeats in the foot of the glass. Perhaps hard for someone not having been on my porch to see? :smile:

And I like the lines in the second image kind of pointing to the sailing boat in the distance. But I am perhaps way off...

I am sure there is a lot to wish for, composition wise, etc. Don't be shy folks! I can take some criticism. (And want to become a better photographer, if that is at all possible).

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Looking at it again I can clearly see the door and garden - which indicates that the focus was better than I first thought. It adds a lot to the image to know that they are there.
    I also agree about the lines in the second image - and the roof and branches frame the boat nicely.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.