New firmware v2.2 out for E-M1 Mark II.

Saledolce

Mu-43 All-Pro
Update done. I was on 2.0, so I answered my own question: it's possible to skip one update and then apply the next.

Last edited:

Nick779

Mu-43 Regular
Well, I found my first change. I can no longer set the FN lever action independently in Custom Sets.

Normally I use it to switch from S-AF to C-AF, and in C3(Manual) It will change the dials from Shutter/Fstop to ISO/Exposure Comp. With the new firmware, the lever setting (mode) is NOT saved in Custom modes.
I can confirm that the normal fn buttons seem to be saving though.

Figures that I just found a button setup for fast action that I like, and now cant use.

Last edited:

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
Well, I found my first change. I can no longer set the FN lever action independently in Custom Sets.

Normally I use it to switch from S-AF to C-AF, and in C3(Manual) It will change the dials from Shutter/Fstop to ISO/Exposure Comp. With the new firmware, the lever setting (mode) is NOT saved in Custom modes.

Figures that I just found a button setup for fast action that I like, and now cant use.

Sorry to hear that. It’s these dumb little “tweaks” that make me hold off on updating unless the update actually give me something I genuinely want. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross

I wonder if that was actually a problem in a particular sequence of operations though?

Bengeo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Andy

Thanks for the warning. I use the lever to switch between S-AF and C-AF on C1 and between C-AF and C-AF + TR on C2 and C3, I wouldn't want to lose that. Have you reported it to Olympus?

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
To clarify for anyone confused:

You can still store different focus modes to the two lever settings for different Custom Modes, providing both Custom Modes have Fn Lever Settings set to mode 2.

What doesn’t appear to be locked in with the Custom Modes any longer is the Fn Lever Setting itself (mode 1/2/3/OFF). :confused-53:

Nick779

Mu-43 Regular
To clarify for anyone confused:

You can still store different focus modes to the two lever settings for different Custom Modes, providing both Custom Modes have Fn Lever Settings set to mode 2.

What doesn’t appear to be locked in with the Custom Modes any longer is the Fn Lever Setting itself (mode 1/2/3/OFF). :confused-53:

Exactly, thanks for the clarification.

You can downgrade from the newer version for now while Olympus sorts this out/or not:
Olympus firmware update tool

Wow, that worked perfectly. Im sticking with 2.1.

Edit: I may have been mistaken, it exhibits the same behavior in 2.1 and according to Wrotniak's page, the FN lever setting is not retained in the custom modes, so maybe I was just wrong the whole time.

Edit2: if anyone has any suggestions on using exposure comp when using auto iso and manual, id love suggestions. Setting a button to exposure comp does absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

ThorEgil

Mu-43 Regular
Exactly, thanks for the clarification.

Wow, that worked perfectly. Im sticking with 2.1.

Edit: I may have been mistaken, it exhibits the same behavior in 2.1 and according to Wrotniak's page, the FN lever setting is not retained in the custom modes, so maybe I was just wrong the whole time.

Edit2: if anyone has any suggestions on using exposure comp when using auto iso and manual, id love suggestions. Setting a button to exposure comp does absolutely nothing.

I have the Fn lever set to mode 1, and the dial function for M set to 1: Shutter / FNo and 2: ISO / +/- (exp. comp). Works like a charm.

Harvey Melvin Richards

Photo Posting Junkie
i updated my firmware and reinstalled my settings. C1, C2 and C3 all ended up with speed at 250 instead of 1000 where it had been. Also my iPhone couldn't connect by wifi until I entered the password, so I think the update might have changed the password.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
I'm going to have to go through my settings with a fine toothed comb; various items such as the IR focus assist and focus lock beep were re-enabled.:dash2:
But did you allow it to restore the settings though as per instructions (tick the box to do it & switching off & back on again)? Anyhow, anytime time they're reset it's a good time to review them. :rolleyes:

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
But did you allow it to restore the settings though as per instructions (tick the box to do it & switching off & back on again)? Anyhow, anytime time they're reset it's a good time to review them. :rolleyes:
I couldn't do the update through Olympus Updater because of computer problems. I downloaded the .BIN file and updated that way. <sigh>

ThorEgil

Mu-43 Regular
What ThorEgil said correct, you have to do a few more steps than just map a button to change exposure compensation when in M mode and using Auto ISO. Got to Cog > B > Dial Function > M > scroll right > and change the bottom two (Lever Two) (push the Info buttn to toggle from top to bottom) from the defaults to shutter for the rear dial and exposure comp on the front dial. Save OK.

Perhaps different than what Thor has done, when I am in M mode and Auto ISO which I use mostly, I leave the lever in the down position (lever 2). You'll note that if you press whatever button you have mapped to Exp. Comp. you will toggle between EC and Aperture. And after a short period of inactivity, the button will automatically reset to EC from Aperture. Press it again to toggle back and forth between Aperture and EC. This is the only way that I have discovered how to make changes to three variables (Shutter, Aperture and EC) when you only have two dial to work with. Sounds a little confusing, but give it a try. Bottom line just mapping a button does nothing. You need to make the changes that I've outlined above.

With my setup - I have the Fn lever set to mode 1, and the dial function for M set to 1: Shutter / FNo and 2: ISO / +/- (exp. comp). - I normally have the lever set to 1 and can change shutter and aperture with the wheels. If I need to adjust exposure comp I flip the lever to 2 and adjust the expusure comp with the front wheel (and if I need to set the ISO value to something specific I can do this with the back wheel). No button togling magic needed - very easy.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I couldn't do the update through Olympus Updater because of computer problems. I downloaded the .BIN file and updated that way. <sigh>
You could have run the updater and just told it to save the settings. Then done the update with the SD card. Then run the updater and just restored the settings.

Latest threads

Top Bottom