New firmware updates

joesilver

Mu-43 Regular
E-M5

Has anyone here applied this update to an E-M5? If so, were there any significant changes or enhancements? Everything I've read so far suggests that there are none.

I'm usually first out of the gate when it comes to installing updates, but I might make an exception in this case, based on what I know at this point, since I have no plans to buy the 40-150 f/2.8.

zensu

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bobby
Has anyone here applied this update to an E-M5? If so, were there any significant changes or enhancements? Everything I've read so far suggests that there are none.

I'm usually first out of the gate when it comes to installing updates, but I might make an exception in this case, based on what I know at this point, since I have no plans to buy the 40-150 f/2.8.
Same here only I've got the EP-5 which is working flawlessly. I can't afford the 40-150 f2.8 so is there any other positive upgrade to the camera other than better AF on the new zoom?

Growltiger

Mu-43 All-Pro
Same here only I've got the EP-5 which is working flawlessly. I can't afford the 40-150 f2.8 so is there any other positive upgrade to the camera other than better AF on the new zoom?
Probably not, but I can confirm that the update works fine on the E-P5.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross

I'm not rushing this one either (for E-M1 or 5). It's a bit like the E-M5 getting firmware for the VF-4 for me. I skipped that one too. :rolleyes:

MajorMagee

Mu-43 All-Pro
I've been expecting an update for the E-P5 in late November following along the lines of what they did for the E-M1 and with a similar 2 month lag time to what they had between the releases back in May.

This is not what I expected. :frown:

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
I've been expecting an update for the E-P5 in late November following along the lines of what they did for the E-M1 and with a similar 2 month lag time to what they had between the releases back in May.

This is not what I expected. :frown:
They already have a silver E-P5 & I doubt more will come for it unlike the E-M1 that has been revived in the form of the silver model & new firmware. The same happened for the E-M5 (but less of a firmware update) with the added Elite model. Time will tell though with what comes in the PEN line.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom