New firmware updates

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mcasan, Nov 13, 2014.

1. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. zulfur666

zulfur666 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    [ Caution ]

When updating the firmware from Version 1.0/1.1/1.3/1.4 to Version 2.1, the camera settings other than the AF focus adjustments are reset.
    When updating the firmware from 2.0, the camera settings are maintained.
    (Nov.13 2014)

Precision of AF when M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO lens is mounted has been improved.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. joesilver

joesilver Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 21, 2012

Has anyone here applied this update to an E-M5? If so, were there any significant changes or enhancements? Everything I've read so far suggests that there are none.

I'm usually first out of the gate when it comes to installing updates, but I might make an exception in this case, based on what I know at this point, since I have no plans to buy the 40-150 f/2.8.
  4. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Alabama, USA
    Same here only I've got the EP-5 which is working flawlessly. I can't afford the 40-150 f2.8 so is there any other positive upgrade to the camera other than better AF on the new zoom?
  5. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    Probably not, but I can confirm that the update works fine on the E-P5.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 20, 2012
    Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
    I'm not rushing this one either (for E-M1 or 5). It's a bit like the E-M5 getting firmware for the VF-4 for me. I skipped that one too. :rolleyes:
  7. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I've been expecting an update for the E-P5 in late November following along the lines of what they did for the E-M1 and with a similar 2 month lag time to what they had between the releases back in May.

This is not what I expected. :frown:
  8. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 20, 2012
    Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
    They already have a silver E-P5 & I doubt more will come for it unlike the E-M1 that has been revived in the form of the silver model & new firmware. The same happened for the E-M5 (but less of a firmware update) with the added Elite model. Time will tell though with what comes in the PEN line.