1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New firmware update 1.1 for Olympus 45mm 1.8

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Halaking, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Coder33404

Coder33404 New to Mu-43

Jul 27, 2013
    The problem "or possibly best part" of firmware updates is that there is undoubtedly other fixes in there as well. Those other fixes will stay undocumented because if they are documented it means the company has admitted a fault in whatever camera or lens it might be for. I love it when these updates state they correct wording in some other language that could only affect .001% of the population related to where you live. I have seen this one from Canon many times. I think the lawyers in the marketing department are in charge at this point but if it fixes some issue we have that they wont admit to then I don't really care.

3. Web-Betty

Web-Betty Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2013
    Denver
    MJ
    Question

Is it advisable to always update? I haven't updated any of my lenses, or my bodies, since owning them.

4. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

I recently updated and only use the 45 1.8 on an E-P3. I got the impression it focused slightly faster and was more sure-footed in low light. I also updated the E-P3 so I could use thew VF-4 EVF (otherwise the VF-4 is just a poor paperweight). So if you want added features, bug fixes or performance tweaks, updating is good. Otherwise, no need.

• Like Like x 1
  5. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Generally with Olympus and Panasonic I find updating is a good thing. But I usually wait a day or two for the early adopter to do some beta testing for me. Fuji updates are almost mandatory and Leica updates are best avoided. Canon and Nikon hardly ever offer them.

Gordon

• Like Like x 1
  6. Matero

Matero Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Finland
    I've also updated and with E-P5 I think I can see little bit faster and more secure focusing with 45 1.8 in low light.

7. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
  8. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Lisbon
    I like to keep everything I have as updated as possible, not just my camera and lenses, also my pc, os, mobile phone, etc... It's like an OCD :)

9. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I haven't noticed any difference with my E-M5...

10. utahlasvegas

utahlasvegas Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do I update a lens? I have the 45mm 1.8, but I'm not sure how to update it.

11. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    attach it to a camera and run the updater software (depends on the camera brand, not the lens brand).

Gordon

12. Matero

Matero Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Finland
    You need to have Olympus Digital Camera Updater software, downloadable from Olympus support pages.

Then connect the camera to computer with 45mm attached to your camera. Then it is more or less self-explanatory with the on-line instructions of the updater software.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

13. Matero

Matero Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Finland
    Yeah, forgot this. Could be also Pana updater from their support :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD