New firmware G-9

mike3996

Mu-43 Veteran
And the changelog copied from the site:

Nov. 24, 2020
Ver.2.3

1. Fixed the problem of overexposure when burst shooting with the settings of SH1, SH2, SH1 PRE, SH2 PRE.
  2. Improved LVF image quality when waiting for shooting in creative video mode.

mike3996

Mu-43 Veteran
If I forget an update, i.e.2.2, will the latest 2.3 include the 2.2 or will I have to download this as well? Thanks for any info!
Good question. Most certainly the latest firmware is self-containing and can be installed over any old version.

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
All I've ever done is go to the latest version. I haven't updated since the big one though.

Randy, I'm glad to see you've finally come to your senses and come back from the dark side!

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Real Name
Randy
All I've ever done is go to the latest version. I haven't updated since the big one though.

Randy, I'm glad to see you've finally come to your senses and come back from the dark side!
Yeah, I really got to missing this camera. When it first came arrived, I forgot just how much of a difference in size there is between this and the E-M5. The big OVF was what I think I missed the most, though I also really love the third dial, and not many cameras give you 3 programmable dials. The extra custom buttons help, too, but I can get that on the EM1 bodies, too. Oh, and the joystick.

Not to pass up the opportunity, I did a small photo showdown of "worst case situations" between the 2 bodies with the same lens (O25mm 1.8) on the same memory card. Mostly I was comparing low-light, high-ISO (up to 6400) shots. I studied each shot, doing my best to evaluate noise/sharpness, color saturation, warmth, color accuracy, etc, without looking at the EXIFs. Now, in the back of my mind, I knew that I took sample shots with the G9 first, so I couldn't help but assume that the G9 samples were the first shots I was seeing, and the EM5iii was second. I was comparing jpgs (I shoot jpg), and I was favoring the second sample shot a little bit each time throughout the ISO ranges. The differences were very subtle, with slight color variation and noise handling and sharpness. So I concluded my brief study giving a very small edge to the second camera, assuming the whole time it was the E-M5iii. Then I pulled up the EXIFs to confirm, and to my surprise, the second camera was in fact the G9!

Granted, these differences were very subtle and, honestly probably down to user preference with a few tweaks of the in-camera jpg processing, but I surprised myself with those results. It certainly made it easier to make that switch back, as the difference in output is really very similar.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom