New firmware for EM1X and EM1 III

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
I did my E-M1X but really didn't need to as I don't own a Mac nor use the ATOMOS either. Aside, firmware downloaded with the firmware clock in couple of minutes, but it took about 8-9 minutes to get the OK to appear on the LCD so be patient.

Glad to see OMDS did something though. Wish they had added Starry Sky control to the E-M1X.

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
Where did you find the actual downloads? Olympus USA offers the old 2.0, and any other site, incl. the link above just describes the update or offers 2.0.
Plug your camera into the Olympus software and try update from within Olympus Viewer or Workspace. I still use the old (defunct) Olympus Viewer as it seems to connect better on my Windows 10 than Workspace does.

JonSnih

Mu-43 Veteran
Glad to see OMDS did something though. Wish they had added Starry Sky control to the E-M1X.
There might be a FW v3 this June... Personally I didnt uderstand why they omitted the updated Face+EyeAF algorithm from the E-m1iii. The X could serve well as a great studio and portrait camera.

Pstmstr

Mu-43 Regular
I've used that method the last 2 updates with no problems. Backs up and restores settings just fine. Even warns you if your camera battery is too low.

kbouk

Mu-43 Regular
I've used that method the last 2 updates with no problems. Backs up and restores settings just fine. Even warns you if your camera battery is too low.
That’s my experience also with Ipad and Olympus OI.Share , very easy procedure, a few seconds to store all the settings, 2 min. for download, another 2 min. to update , reboot and final touch the settings back to camera. All the procedure has detailed instructions what to do.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom