New firmware available for E-M1X, E-M1 Mkii and E-M5 Mkiii

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
so all it changed was the auto-switching between the LCD and the viewfinder? I like the idea of disabling the viewfinder when the screen is not closed against the body with the screen facing out.... and it sucks that the update didn't give me the option to backup my settings.
Very strange. I did my E-M1 Mkii and it did an auto backup, then after the OK message, when I turned the camera off and on again, it restored everything.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
so all it changed was the auto-switching between the LCD and the viewfinder? I like the idea of disabling the viewfinder when the screen is not closed against the body with the screen facing out.... and it sucks that the update didn't give me the option to backup my settings.
If you use Workspace and follow the instructions exactly it backs up and restores the settings automatically, it is not an option.
Although you didn't manage to restore them automatically, it should have backed them up. So you could probably restore them now. On the Workspace menu use Camera/Custom settings/Load.

Dogbert62

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Patrick
Updated my 5.3 today.. Had to download workspace since the old updater said the 5.3 wasn’t supported.. it also wouldn’t save my settings.. going back after update, it says something like I need to put in a [thumb]drive with the same drive letter as the camera And then I get an error when continuing.. checked my m10s and they gave an error as well

I assume the m10s are not supported and the m5.3 *may* not be supported either...I get it that the m1s allow backup but has anyone gotten the m5.3 to allow a backup?

regards
Dogbert62

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Updated my 5.3 today.. Had to download workspace since the old updater said the 5.3 wasn’t supported.. it also wouldn’t save my settings.. going back after update, it says something like I need to put in a [thumb]drive with the same drive letter as the camera And then I get an error when continuing.. checked my m10s and they gave an error as well

I assume the m10s are not supported and the m5.3 *may* not be supported either...I get it that the m1s allow backup but has anyone gotten the m5.3 to allow a backup?

regards
Dogbert62
It sounds like you unplugged the camera instead of turning it off and then on and then leaving it alone for a bit.

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro

regards
Dogbert62
Were you using Windows 10 version 1903?

I have issues with the Workspace just doing a software update where it downloads the update package which takes two minutes, then goes to look for the server for a while once that updater downloads, and it sometimes crashes by enlarging the Workspace screen larger than normal and it then covers the lower taskbar too so I cannot even close it. Eventually, it will pop up a window saying "Reporting problem to Microsoft" and then Workspace closes down.

I used a separate computer that has the updater 2.3.1 and it worked fine (Windows 10, but maybe older version like 1803.). Still the E-M1 II updated well, but it had issues with the E-M1X with setting that manually had to be restored. It also took longer to update until the OK appeared in the E-M1X, maybe 10 minutes.

Workspace needs a workover, imho. That or Windows has too many security things that it doesn't agree with Workspace and the USB to the cameras.

Dogbert62

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Patrick
The old updater has been integrated into workspace. It looks like they killed it back in October... So, I downloaded workspace.. updated workspace... did the update and followed the exact instructions regarding unplugging and turning on/off the camera.. I did that because I remembered someone saying the exact process should be followed.. (could have been GrowlTiger... don’t remember)... thus, I am suspicious that the M10.2 and M5.3 allow for saving settings... I looked through both manuals and the workspace help menu and found no reference to which cameras are supported. With that said, it would surprise me if Oly crippled this function on down model cameras

Dogbert62

Dogbert62

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Patrick
Yes... it was Win 10.. I regularly update it but couldn’t say which build I’m on

Real Name
M@
If you use Workspace and follow the instructions exactly it backs up and restores the settings automatically, it is not an option.
Although you didn't manage to restore them automatically, it should have backed them up. So you could probably restore them now. On the Workspace menu use Camera/Custom settings/Load.

Eh, I used the standalone updater utility... it doesn't appear to have backed up anything. Opening Workspace, when I can get it to connect to the camera, it won't save or load any custom settings. It connects, then says that this function isn't available on this camera. Meh.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Eh, I used the standalone updater utility... it doesn't appear to have backed up anything. Opening Workspace, when I can get it to connect to the camera, it won't save or load any custom settings. It connects, then says that this function isn't available on this camera. Meh.
I wonder which camera you have.

BrianLa

Mu-43 Regular
i clearly forgot to do something. i just updated the 5iii through Workspace and have lost every setting id changed on the camera. D'oh!
Same thing happened to me. Em-1 mkii updated and restored settings as normal, em5 mkiii did'nt. Minor issue but irritating when you don't expect it, thought I'd broken it.
Brian

I lost all my settings on my E-M5 mk III.
I knew this was a risk so no big deal, I went through the config options once again and changed a few things anyway.

I like the new "on2" option for the EVF auto switch, even I would like it to consider the LCD screen opened more easily (you really have to open it and to turn the screen).
However, it's already much better than before (I assigned the EVF on/off button to another function).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom