New Feature: 'Thanks' button

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    If you want to simply note your appreciation for someone's post or photo, one option is to click on the [​IMG] button under their post, and your name will be added to the list of members who "thanked" that post.

Edit: From now on, the [​IMG] button will be accessible only to members with at least 3 posts. This is a measure to prevent people from registering multiple accounts to vote for themselves in our photo contests (although we can also detect this based on IP address in most cases).

Edit#2: This was previously a "Like" button, but now has been changed to a "Thanks" button.

2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Amin, is the like button secure/unique to the forum member?

Cheers

Brian

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Brian, only registered mu-43.com members can see and use the [​IMG] button. However, anyone (including unregistered members) can see who used the button on a given post. For example, I clicked the "Like" button for your post in this thread. That gives you an idea of how it looks. If others click the button for your same post, their user names will be displayed next to mine. It is not possible to click the button on one's own post :smile:.

Another feature of the "Like" button is that it is possible to track how many of one's posts have been "liked". I haven't enabled that feature because it seems a bit silly, but it could be a fun thing to add at some point!