1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New family members arrived on Christmas eve!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by James23p, Dec 27, 2015.

1. James23p

James23p Mu-43 Regular

Jul 25, 2015
    James
    I was watching TV(yes this is a fairly long story) and saw that our local station had the 12 strays for Christmas. Well Alley told me I could not have a dog several times over the last year, but when we saw this dog we knew god wanted us to give her a good home.

Her name is Winter and here's her story.

Sometime in Sept she was picked up off the street after having been abandoned. She had a horrible leg wound and it could not be saved so they amputated her left rear leg. It took several weeks to heal but the Humane Society of Memphis and an anonymous donor paid for her medical bills and her stay as long as it needed. She is around 8 years old and didn't have much prospect of being adopted. So without me knowing Alley went to see her and you guessed it this sweet loving dog just hooked Alley. So after a few days of meet and greet and getting approval to adopt her she came home Christmas Eve!

She is so sweet and loving its like she has always been here she responds to us and seems to know basic commands stop, no, come and stay. She seems to be well house trained she will just go to the door and then we know she has to go(she does fib a bit if she wants to just go out and sniff and play but hey I'm OK with that). She is gentle I took a toy from her and moved her bowl not a cross look the only time she got upset is when we tried to put her in the car she did fight a bit but she was scared.

At first she was afraid to go up the stairs I carried her the first day and she did not like that but she did start to trust me, but now our girl is using the steps like a champ she is cautious and slow but hey I am slow too! We do plan to downsize and a first floor unit is on the list.

Guys she is such a wonderful loving dog truly a gift from god to us!

Here is her pic I had an awful time with the white balance a green Christmas tree and blue and red lights, cream walls and a pure white dog geesh. Can not wait to take some outside photos of her but alas we have 3 days of rain here in Memphis coming.

Jim

_C240462. _C240469.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 9
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    she's so lovely! wish her a long, heathy and happy life.

• Like Like x 1
  3. James23p

James23p Mu-43 Regular

Jul 25, 2015
    James
    Thank you so much!

Jim

4. MichaelSewell

MichaelSewell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    She's a stunner ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. James23p

James23p Mu-43 Regular

Jul 25, 2015
    James
    Thank you Micheal! :yahoo:

6. Bomber

Bomber Mu-43 Veteran

Hi James, such a great thing you and Alley have done. She is a beautiful looking girl.

Cheers Glen

• Like Like x 1
  7. James23p

James23p Mu-43 Regular

Jul 25, 2015
    James
    Thanks Glen, the funny thing is the more I am around her the more I thank her for becoming part of our family she is a joy and sweet dog.

Jim

8. blumoon722

blumoon722 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    John
    She's a pretty girl and she looks very smart.
    Great of you guys to give her a new life.
    Looking forward to seeing more pics.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. James23p

James23p Mu-43 Regular

Jul 25, 2015
    James
    Thanks bluemoon hope to get a few nice days to take pictures of her. She our super dog! :D

Jim

10. mcrosa

mcrosa Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2013
    Miami, Florida
    Mike Crosa
    Good on you Jim. Very cute dog. Enjoy your new companion.

11. James23p

James23p Mu-43 Regular

Jul 25, 2015
    James
    Thank you so much she's a joy!

Jim

12. Kalifornier

Kalifornier Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 29, 2014
    California
    This is a Christmas gift that will keep giving. Great on you guys to give her a loving home! She is a beauty. I always tell anyone and everyone that listens: Adopt, don't shop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. James23p

James23p Mu-43 Regular

Jul 25, 2015
    James
    I agree 100%!!

14. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    Jim, Congratulations on the new family member. Dogs are a joy and with so many of them out there needing new homes, it is wonderful that you brought one into your family.

She has the look of our Alex (my profile pic) who we got from rescue in 2000 who passed away in 2012. Still missed and remembered with great fondness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. James23p

James23p Mu-43 Regular

Jul 25, 2015
    James
    Thank you so much and I agree rescuing a dog is the way to go! Alex sure has that same expressive look. It's funny how they worm their way into our lives they sure do bring tons of joy!

Jim