1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New EPs (EPL-3) Reworld Iso examples with the 45mm/1.8

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LovinTheEP2, Jul 9, 2011.

1. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8 Lens + E-PL3 body

Gotta admit, the ISO 2000 result is much better then I was expecting based on the initial launch reviews/photos. Especially considering they're jpg and not raw's.

Pretty sweet lens too.

• Like Like x 3
  2. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    oh wow. i'm pretty impress with that lens. i'm starting to like that e-pl3 as well. now i can't decide...ep3...epl3...

3. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    @lovin

Thanks for the link!!! That's the first set of photos I've seen with the 45/1.8. And I must say, they look pretty darn good!!! The Oly 45 may become a must have lens priced at $400.

Great link! Thanks! I'm feeling good about pre-ordering the 45 (and 12).

4. rcferraris

rcferraris Mu-43 Regular

agree. the initial photo samples were a lot noisier than what was just shown on that link. now i can't help but envy the new sensor, specially with its af speed.

5. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Ooooohhhh me likey!! (love the price too :)  )

6. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Agreed.

So.. now I'm leaning back to the EP3. Think an awesome kit would be:

EP3
    20mm/1.7
    45mm/1.8
    14-150mm

Then whether the 9-18mm or a 14-42mm IIR (probably not as the 14-150 covers it and both the 14-42 and 14-150 would need to be in a bag)... I'd probably have the 20mm or 45mm strap on most of the time. The 9-18mm would be nice to have in the bag just in case the wide would be helpful.

With a second body being the PEN Mini with a 17mm strapped to it (or maybe the 14mm for it's smaller size and weight.

Would like a few raws of landscape pics and portraits and try out some PS Actions and see if I can create a good action to mimick the Sigma DP2 Fovean look).

7. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Thanks so much for posting!

This lens looks solid and really stylish.

That epl3 and 45 -- like they said smallest 90mm equivalent you'll find with that IQ.

So far, this lens looks like it could be a classic in the making.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.