New EM1-X mk-2?

ac12

Mu-43 Legend
When playing about with videos or the flash I tend to have the battery grip attached on the G90. But for shuffling about downtown I like the fact that the grip can be removed. Having all that weight round my neck gets tiring very quickly.

Use a cross body strap.
I use a Peak Design Slide, cross body (left shoulder to right hip) and my heaviest camera is not a pain to carry.

Stanga

Mu-43 All-Pro
That might be OK in some parts of the world, but I would think twice about doing the same where I am.

swifty

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Dave
Actually I think the appropriate comparison would be to the soon to be released Canon R3 and Nikon Z9, since then all will be mirrorless designs with integrated vertical grips and presumably similar build.

Real Name
Walter
Use a cross body strap.
I use a Peak Design Slide, cross body (left shoulder to right hip) and my heaviest camera is not a pain to carry.

Agreed. I stopped using a neck strap years ago. I like using the OpTech sling because the clips slide, not the whole strap, and the stretch neoprene pad grips well and is super comfortable, the stretch absorbing the bouncing weight of the gear as you move around.

jhawk1000

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mel
Agreed. I stopped using a neck strap years ago. I like using the OpTech sling because the clips slide, not the whole strap, and the stretch neoprene pad grips well and is super comfortable, the stretch absorbing the bouncing weight of the gear as you move around.

I have, over the years bought many straps or sling devices for my cameras. They generally were expensive since that old adage of "if it is expensive, it has to be good" had to be true. The expensive leather straps and harnesses are gone now---to journalism students at one of our high schools. You know the ones that cry out "steal me" when you are walking in some slightly lit alley of the world. Most of the belts, harnesses, straps were just not that comfortable nor gave me the feeling of confidence for my equipment.
I now use OpTech because it is honest value, looks okay, and does not immediately brand me as a rich tourist or a 1970's happy with all the colors on a strap. The price is affordable, the wear is exceptional and I am a fan of OpTech. Disclaimer: No one pays me to say this, they have never given me any product (although I wish they would) and I am not an OpTech Ambassador. :)

jhawk1000

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mel
That might be OK in some parts of the world, but I would think twice about doing the same where I am.
One of my friends is a photographer for McClatchey Newspapers and even though he has to take a couple of cameras each time he covers news and sports, he is always in control of the cameras by having them in hand. He was attacked at a demonstration and near riot and the object of the attack was to steal his two Canon cameras with 400mm 2.8 and 300mm 2.8. He did not let go and saved his cameras whereas if they had been hanging, they would have been gone. I do notice that lately, he has kind of a clip on his belt that secures one camera but he still spends most of the time with the cameras in hand.

Latest threads

Top Bottom