New E-PL2..... Oh dear....

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by DekHog, May 5, 2011.

1. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    ..... I think I'm in love..... :yahoo: :cloud-9-039:

Olympus E-PL2 & 14-150mm & VF-2....

What an utterly fantastic miniature marvel of modern technology - a camera I'll take everywhere with me and not have to plan it, and no broken back either with a backpack full of lenses and heavy body..... bliss...

Nice to see that the Olympus menu designer is still on strike, so everything was very much the same as my previous Oly's for setup....

Have been trying for about two hours to get the 'Super Control Panel' display to show, but no luck yet.... I'm sure it'll keep me amused all night long trying though.

Minus Points? Would it have killed them to put a focus assist lamp on it? Ah well, nothing is perfect, eh?

P.S. No welcome forum, so 'Hi' everyone.... :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 3
  2. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    welcome dekhog, i really like the epl2 as well, but since i got a epl1 i'll wait a bit to upgrade...or maybe my girlfriend would like a m4/3 camera as well? (crosses fingers)
  3. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Welcome DekHog, this is a friendly place to hang out ! Hope to see pictures from you soon.

BTW, there's a welcome and introductions sub-forum under 'About Micro 4/3', but our super-Mods will soon sort this out :wink:

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Welcome to mu-43!
  5. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I got to handle the E-PL2 for the first time a couple days ago. I have to say that the improvements made to build quality when compared to my E-PL1 was surprising.
  6. wyip

wyip Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    First you have to enable it in the Custom menu, under Custom D, Camera Control Settings - pick a shooting mode (e.g. PASM), and then set SCP to ON. Exit the menu and press the OK button. Either SCP will come up, or if you have Live Guide or Live Control enabled you'll have to press the Info button until the SCP pops up.

Piece of cake, right? :tongue:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Erm, no.... I've got SCP enabled everywhere I can find it in every menu, and still can't get it to show with the Info button.... :rolleyes:

Edit: Damn, press OK first..... :biggrin:
  8. Eon

Eon Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2011
    I didn't know this existed, it's awesome! Thanks!
  9. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  10. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, DekHog!
  11. Toonman

Toonman Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2010
    Welcome DekHog.

I remember you from the other 4 thirds site (larger).
    Hope you are well and welcome.
  12. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
  13. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    It took me a while to find out it was OK then INFO on this here epP1, I also found how to switch off the LCD ... but nothing was as obvious as on our Olympus DSLRs.